Lumpy seat!

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2013 NC Sport Tech __
  2. I’m based near: Lowestoft, Suffolk
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Drivers seat problem- Since first getting my car, I have always found the drivers seat uncomfortable. I now realise that this is due to 2 square lumps protruding at the back of the seat pad. Could this be something to do with the heated seat? The car has 29k on the clock and no I am not a large or heavy person! I would like to get this sorted. Any advice please? (This is my first post as a new member.)

In the area where you type your message you can either just drag and drop photos or click on the icon with the upward pointing arrow.

Thank you. I must be a bit dense, but I can’t see the arrow icon anywhere!!

Thanks. Easy when you know how!

1 Like

The seat come out easy enough, just 4 bolts holding to the floor. Then you have a electrical block to undue, once uncoupled lift the seat away.
Beware you will have an airbag in the seat side bolster so uncoupled the battery before commencing this job.
As for the lumps in the back of the seat cushion, try getting your hand up into that part of the seat, it may involve removing some clips holding the covering in place.
Maybe something has worked its way into to that area, cable not laying correctly or the heater pad connection.
I’ve not had to get inside the seating in the NC but removed seats a few times, sorry can’t help any further.

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I had not thought about the airbag. Will disconnecting battery cause any problems as I’ve heard that it can do so?

Only a possibility if you have the radio head unit coded and don’t know it. :thinking: It’s probably a rarity for them to be coded.
Aftermarket head unit no problems.
The ECU will need to relearn upon reconnection of the battery and reset the DSC but that’s not a problem and easy.