Lurker finally pulled the trigger

Hello everyone

Long time lurker finally pulled the trigger and grabbed a 1.5 ND2 in grey so if you’re wondering why so much rain you can blame me!

Saw a fellow MX5 in grey on the A50 (i think) and we shared a wave on my maiden voyage home :joy: I’ll put something in the spotted thread.

Stubby aerial fitted once home.

Now I need to consider underseal. Whats the general opinion if looking to keep for a while but use year round? I’ve heard CBS autos recommended.

I’ll read up on the hood if i should treat it with something to shift the rain off it better?

Pics to follow when its not chucking it down

Thanks all.

1 Like

Hi. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I’m also mulling over the underseal question. Will be interested to see the feedback you receive. Cheers.

This is where I had mine done earlier this year.
They had it for nearly a week and a top job all round👍

Welcome, I use Fabsil Gold to achieve the rather pleasing ‘beading’ on the soft top when it rains. (It makes absolutely no difference to the waterproofing of the cloth, but that is not the point)
:hearts:

thanks. I’ll consider jr classics also.

i look at fabsil gold also.

thanks everyone

i’ll keep you updated what i end up doing

Very nice!

Another JR Classics user here. Excellent firm but sometimes a bit hard to get hold of(forget email or FB message , phone best )

More (better) pics to follow. Enjoying driving too much to stop at the minute.

I do have an annoying noise when the roof is up, appears to be behind the passenger seat in the area the roof folds in to. Whilst thats more reason to keep the roof down it does rain a lot here so need to get it sorted. The car is still under warranty so would a dealer look in to this?

My long term plans are to get a cobalt exhaust and underseal. Thanks all so far who have suggested options.

1 Like

I am yet to arrange underseal or cobalt exhaust but I have acquired a dashcam. My options were to fit it yesterday or go for a drive…

Soooo another run out to North Wales yesterday. Such a fun car. No regrets getting the 1.5

5 Likes