Ma5da MX5 Championship - Croft

The next round of the 2009 Championship will be held over the weekend of 16/17 May at Croft.

Following some excellent racing at Castle Combe last weekend, see the comments on this Forum, the next round promises to be just as exciting.

There will be free practice and qualifying on the Saturday and three races on the Sunday so if you are not going to the Spring Rally and you are in the North East come along for the best racing you will get anywhere.

You are welcome to visit the paddock, speak to the drivers and get close to the wheel to wheel racing.

Bob Marsh

Race Day Co-Ordinator

GUTTED!!!

Spring Rally and the champs in my own back yard, but only one me!!!

Last meet at Castle Combe had some excellent racing, even if I did end up with a nice dent trying a keep my position going into quarry on the 1 but last lap, must have been good for the spectators lol. 

I think the one thing that I have found in this, my first season racing mx-5’s, is that all the established teams and drivers are only to happy to help the newer drivers like myself, whether it be support techinically or just some supportive advice every now and then.  Mr Blake and Sheard in particular.

If you want to see some close, competative racing and would like to see what your Mx-5 can really do when on the limit then definately make sure you come along to one of the action packed racing weekends.

Croft the weekend has the added benefit of three Mx-5 races as opposed to the more usual two.

If you do make it done this weekend and want to have a look at one of the race cars you are more than welcome to give me shout and have a nosey round car 82 if you get the chance.

Cheers Chris

(formerly BlackClassic on the old forum)