Ma5da MX5 Championship - Donington 6/7th June 2009 ****

[:)]

Dear Fellow MX5 Enthusiasts

Just to let you all know round 10 and 11 of the 20 race Championship is taking place at Donington on 6th and 7th June 2009, you are all invited.

The grid is already full with 36 cars entered…

With 55 cars and over 60 drivers registered for the 2009 Ma5da MX5 Championship, it is already established as the most competitive and most exciting race series of 2009, all this with substantial sponsor backing. Klarius, best known in the U.K. for the Timax range of superior aftermarket exhaust, are partnered by Team Dynamics wheels, Gaz Shocks and Hankook Tyres whilst Scalextric who backed the Ma5da’s in 2008 are back again as a sponsor for 2009.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

If you have not seen the MX5s race before, you can look forward to some very close racing with some great battles all the way down the field. The 2009 rounds so far at Silverstone, Cadwell Park, Castle Combe and Croft saw the top drivers from 2008. Jonathan Greensmith (1) and Tom Roche (2) start with shared wins but they had serious competition from Paul Sheard (18), Robert Boston (33) and Scott Kirlew and they should all be up at the front again here at Donington continuing their slipstreaming duels from rounds 1 to 9. Mind you they are not the only ones that are potential winners as Alyn Robson (6), Charles Plumley (32), Jonathan Blake (99), Steve Greensmith (10) and a host of others are all capable of being up there at the front – it will be very interesting and it is expected to be yet another day of new laps records on the 2009 Hankook K110 road tyre, GAZ Shocks and TIMAX exhausts.<o:p></o:p>

This meeting at Donington circuit is hosting round 10 and 11 of the 20 round 2009 Ma5da MX5 Championship which takes in most of the circuits in England and venturing to Anglesey in Wales. With a full grid of 36 cars and identical MX5 Mk1 1600cc cars, the racing will be close. 2 x 20min races and valuable Championship points at stake, there will be wheel to wheel action from start to finish.<o:p></o:p>

All of the race action this weekend is being televised in the next couple of weeks on MotorsTV, Channel 5 and Men and Motors, TV schedules are published on the Championship website. So if you missed the daring move through redgate, or Goddards chicane, then you will be able to see it again in your own home very soon.<o:p></o:p>

You are watching rounds 10 and 11, the half way point, of one of the best ever MX5 race seasons with capacity grids (currently an average of 33 cars per grid), talented drivers and exceptionally exciting racing. For further information, race reports, gossip and general information as to where and when you can see the MX5’s race take a closer look at the website www.ma5daracing.com.

<o:p></o:p>

<v:shapetype coordsize=“21600,21600” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=“f” stroked=“f” id="_x0000_t75"><v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”></v:f></v:formulas><v:path gradientshapeok=“t”></v:path><o:lock aspectratio=“t”></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape type="#_x0000_t75" id="_x0000_s1026" style=“z-index: 251658752; position: absolute; text-align: left; margin-top: 9.75pt; width: 209.75pt; height: 140.25pt; margin-left: 305pt; left: 0px;”><v:imagedata src="/C:DOCUME~1JONATH~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtmlclip11clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata><w:wrap type=“square”></w:wrap></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

Current 2009 Championship Table <o:p></o:p>

(9 races completed including 3 drop rounds)<o:p></o:p>

Position Driver Points
1 Tom Roche (2) 695  
2 Jonathan Greensmith (1) 689  
3 Robert Boston (33) 672  
4 Scott Kirlew (28) 630  
5 Charles Plumley (32) 628  
6 Alyn Robson (6) 628  

Points: (1st-100), (2nd-98), (3rd-96), (4th-94), (5th-92), (decreasing by 2pts to last place) + Pole=1pt + Fastest Lap=1pt + Best improver=4pt bonus

I shall be dragging 20 MX5’s off to Castle combe on the 6th so I am afraid Rob Boston’s fan club won’t be at Donington to cheer him on…but we will be with him in spirit [:D]

Jonathan, any idea when the Ma5da racing will be shown on Channel 5.

Some pictures from a very wet Donington Park!

Phil H

If you go onto the ma5daracing site it shows you all the tv schedules there for all channels.

http://www.ma5daracing.com/competitor

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris.

Must have had a bit of a senior moment as I did visit the website but missed the TV schedule tab.

Sorry Chaps

Been away for the weekend.

The TV schedules are updated as they change, but are correct on the website as indicated by Chris.

Thanks[:D]

I don’t suppose anyone has a copy of the Cadwell race? Just realise I missed it when it was on Five. I caught the Silverstone one though and really enjoyed it!

just watched it on men & motors (07/07/09) I think it’s repeated this Friday

One of the only times I’ve wished I had sky :frowning: I have set myself reminders for when they’re shown on Five though.

Hi

The TV schedules for all of the Ma5da Championship rounds are updated and available via the Ma5da website (See link Below) :

http://ma5daracing.com/competitor/  - Simply click on the tab labled “TV Schedules”

Hope this helps? [:D]

Yes, thanks [Y]

I check that page regularly but five seem to muck around with their schedules so much that I’ve still only managed to see round 1.

The times for Five don’t tie up with what’s on radiotimes.com or five.tv though. That says the next two episodes of Race and Rally are:

Tuesday 14 July 2:20am Five

Tuesday 21 July 3:00am Five

…neither of which are on your schedule.

Oh well, hopfully I’ll catch at least one more race before the end of the season!

I recorded the episode of Race and Rally on Five on Tuesday this week. No MX5 coverage was sheduled I think but just went to check and it was the MX5 race from Caslte Coombe. Really pleased because that’s the one I went to see. Looking forward to watching it…