Magnificent Mazda Magic

Our amazing 25th Anniversary edition MX-5 dashboard lights told us that we had a puncture yesterday. What’s really clever is that, as it is not repairable, it arranged for the puncture to be next to the tyre size/specs data so that ordering a new one was easy. Just how amazing is Mazda’s technology to do that??? !
Just a shame that they tyres are 6 months old and had only covered 3,000 miles

:sob: :scream: :rage:

:heart:

I keep a Dynaplug in each car. On multiple occasions, this has been sufficient to repair the hole and lasted until the end of the tyre’s otherwise natural life. On the others, it got me home without damaging the rim. I’ve never had to use the bottle of “gunk in the trunk”. Seems expensive, but each time has paid for itself on first use.

1 Like

Yes, I have cans of gunk plus plug repaiur kits BUT this was on the edge and so not safe to repair. It was losing air and I prefer to be safe and live…

1 Like

I’d find someone to put a tube in it.

What!!!

Just had a look here Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor, MX5 Mk3.5/3.75/4 & RF – MX5 Parts and amazingly they do not facilitate the use of an innertube, I know, absolutely unbelievable, but there it is!!!

I’ve just replaced my RNS tyre after a nail became lodged in it. Apparently, loads of MX5’s have been having nails and screws in their tyres recently according to Mazda Swansea.

I had a nearly new Nokian winter tyre ruined by…a thorn. Had it plugged but the plug leaked.

I bought my 2016 ND in November last year, and within a week the tyre pressure warning had come on. “No bother” I thought, “these cars are notorious for being sensitive to differences in tyre pressure”. Unfortunately the difference in pressure was due to an enormous gash that I’d picked up on a back road near Godalming, wrecking a tyre with 90% life left in it and forcing the replacement of both rears. Gaaaah.