Matt interior plastic finish

Apart from not cleaning it, what do you guys recommend to get a nice flat matt finish on interior plastics? Most things I have used so far (even matt dash) have left a shine which I don’t really want.

Do a search on eBay for ‘pink sheen’. Now it won’t leave it totally matt but it won’t be shiny either. What it will do is remove dust and grime, disguise any minor scuffs and scratches and leave it looking better than new and no stickiness.

You can also use it on exterior and interior rubber trims to bring them up like new too. I’ve recommended it to others on here who have found it to be really good stuff. One went on to win a trophy at the next rally. Not wholly due to pink sheen obviously!

another vote for pink sheen here…

(thanks to heads up from Roadie in previous posts)

Try Mercedes Benz ‘Cabin Care’.  Part No. A 000 986 47 74 12 on the can I have.  I got this with my C Class and I’m still using it.

It leaves the plastics completely ‘as new’; no shine at all.

JS

Thanks for the replies, have ordered some pink sheen so will let you know how it goes. Meanwhile I will set to getting this shiney stuff off!!

Ag vynil and rubber care…

Bought a car from a back street dealer in Birmingham and drove it back to Lincoln. IT had been ‘valeted’ before collection.Windows wouldn;t stop steaming up and by the time I got home my hands were black from the steering wheel. Pretty sure they had a fine misting system that applied a microscopic layer of treacle over the whole interior.

I used a cheap glass cleaner and took nearly all day to remove all the stickiness.

Sonax Xtreme Cockpit Cleaner is also a good Matt effect. Used it for a few years.

It definitely helped though! 

Barrie

I use Poorboys Natural Look. Brilliants stuff, smells good and lasts ages.