Maximum braking G that's reasonably achievable on a well set up track car?

I’m most familiar with braking performance that can be achieved on track focussed Mitsubishi Evos - on decent semi-slicks this can be in the region of 1.2-1.3g, and perhaps a bit more on a car with a really well set up motorsport abs system.

Does anyone on here routinely measure their braking g? I’m thinking that 1g should be quite easily doable, mainly because that’s clearly within the potential performance range of decent semi-slicks, but it’s that little bit extra that I’m interested to know about, and in particular how easy or otherwise it might be to achieve. I’m fully prepared to accept that it will most likely require mods to, in particular, the suspension, pads, and even calipers, but clearly there’s no point in making changes unless they really result in useful gains. Car is a 2.0 NC.

The ultimate g level achievable is mainly dependent on 3 things

1. The correct perfect brake balance, so that all 4 wheels are held at the point of max adhesion - just before locking - typically about 3% slip. That’s easier said than done, since you need to match that point according to the track surface conditions . It will differ between dry , damp, and wet, and will depend on the degree of forward weight transfer at the peak deceleration, which will usually result in a very forward brake balance.
  2. The amount of down force being generated by the car’s aerodynamics - it will be very different between an MX5 and a saloon, and the ground clearance (skirt) affects it greatly, particularly at high speeds. Most formula cars rely on their aerodynamics to achieve their phenomenal decelerations, by putting far more load onto the tyres than just the weight of the car.
    .3. The tyre rubber compound in contact with the track surface - you won’t get much more mu (friction coefficient) than about 0.9 unless you go foe a very special racing compound slick even on a perfect surface.

Hope this helps…
Aldi

Again, very helpful, although I’m most interested in what rate of deceleration people have achieved in practice on their NCs ranging from standard cars through to out and out track cars at or beyond the spec of Supercup. I’m assuming the tyres are good quality semi-slicks eg 888s, DZ03s, AR1s etc and track conditions are fully dry.