Mazda MX30

Re the MX30. :thinking: Ugly thing, looks like any other SUV styled blob!!! :-1: :-1: :-1:

2 Likes

Agreed, if I want to own one vehicle that caters for my transport needs, it’s not the 16 mile each way daily commute that matters, it’s the fact that every so often I want to depart from home early in the morning, do 200 miles aiming to arrive at 09:00, then park in a big grass field with over a thousand other cars and no battery chargers until 18:30 while I enjoy a big event, then do the 200 miles back in a reasonable time as I need to get up for work the following morning. A car that can’t do that is of no use to me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Government has other ideas as they ultimately decide what you can and cannot have/do. They have already decided that you cannot mix with people at a concert anyway, so it becomes academic. If you want to travel longer distances, you will either have to spend more on a car that has bigger batteries, get up earlier and charge on the way (if you can find somewhere to charge), or take the train, which is ultimately what the government want, hence spending so much on HS2. However if there was a realistic public transport system in this country at a reasonable cost, then people would use it. However unless you want to go from a to b and both those places are close to a station, forget it…

We can keep our MX5’s as they are currently a “cheap” hobby (even including maintenance/rust treatment - don’t get me started on that one), but ultimately the availability of fuel and the increasing tax on them will make them unaffordable and difficult to use.

Enjoy while we can…the golden age!!!

2 Likes