Mazda MX5 Guiness World Record Result

Sunday April 28th 2019 Spring Rally Elvington Airfield.
Hello all, almost 1 year on, and we have never had the results from the Guinness World Record establishment as to whether we got the records or not. Surely after all this time somebody should inform us all. After all those great MX5 enthusiasts, including myself and my grandson of 11 years old, gathering from all corners of the UK there should be some contact. If for any reason these records were not achieved can we find out why.
Keep safe and kind regards Derek Smith.

1 Like

Hello Derek, a very good question. Feb 2020 STHT gives our latest update on the situation.

Thanks to you all for this information and to Ian for his tremendous efforts in attempting to get the answers. For me as a marshal on the day with my 11 year old grandson Sam it was extremely special. The enthusiasm and great atmosphere made for a great day. It will be a great pity if a small number ruin our chance of such a memorable record. Thanks again . Derek

1 Like

I just queried it with our man in the know as well, and he said “never say die” so we won’t … :smiley:

2 Likes

If it wasn’t achieved it must have been a shame, but as we are now MX5 owners, our vehicle will be there to assist in making the numbers increase should the club make another attempt as and when restrictions allow.

Hi Richard its rather annoying if we dont get the two record’s especially when people travelled long distances to attend. Its a small number who joined in without signing in. My grandson Sam aged 11 and I marshalled on the day getting all those cars into order to find some didnt abide by the requests. Well you never know nothing has been reported as yet. All the best. Derek

this topic deserves a witty reply about maintaining gaps (or not being able to as helped sink our WR efforts) and the current social distancing, something else a few folks don’t seem too good at, I can’t think of one though,

Martin all i can say to those culprits who never signed in they should wear face masks. I know its not witty but there we go. Keep well and safe. Derek