Mazda parts delays... 3 mths and still waiting on repairs

My son pranged his ND back in October. Spun in the wet and put both wheels into a kerb. Covered by insurance, so car went to an approved repairer. However, the work still can’t be completed due to extensive delays in the Mazda parts supply chain. And, there’s no sign of the parts arriving anytime soon.
In the meantime, he’s experiencing the joys of a Citroen C3 courtesy car. At least he hasn’t spun this one. :grinning:

1 Like

Sadly this is an issue with all car makers all over the world.

Sounds like a daft question but where is the car now is it back with you or at the repairers? If it’s at the repairers have you checked how they are storing it?

Stored at the repairers. Emailed the Mazda UK MD this morning and received a relatively encouraging response this afternoon.

Be careful how long the car is being stored for, in the first lockdown cars that were normally being fixed were being written off due to a combination of parts shortages & extended storage costs. However the inflated used car values in 2022 probably means it’ll take a while for that to happen now!

1 Like

The reason I asked I had a similar situation with my 200sx and it was ‘stored’ for repairs. What they actually did was put in in a pound on the docks and as it was during the summer the car got ‘baked’ and everything in the cockpit was bleached and washed out. How much responsibility did they take for it none … because it was an old car and I had no ‘proof’ that the car wasn’t already like that :rage:

1 Like

Does your son know what they are doing, if anything, to keep the car’s leccies sweet & press-button?
We all know ND’s especially do not seem to appreciate being ignored…hence sometimes expensive battery issues bla bla bla.
I’d be inclined to put a Fiver on "not likely…really? Did not know they were that sensitive etc etc.
Which, while very assumptive of me, is the product of dealing with 3rd party people over…oh going on…50 years?

And that’s why Second hand cars ( including small two seater roadsters) might become very desirable Especially ( near bulletproof MX5s )

My big problem is my age I’m becoming very indecisive in my old age, I’ve put my MX5NC1 up for sale. Then deleted the advert. Then put it back on. Then dropped the price Now I’m seriously thinking of keeping it another year It’s an absolute beauty to own and enjoy, ps Sorry to hear about your car problems. Re parts, Hope your son was ok too… Bless you both,

The batter problems are happening everywhere. I’ve had so much trouble with these too …. I think the Batteries themselves are of lesser quality than a few years ago,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.