Mazda service nd

1. My model of MX-5 is: __nd 2.0
  2. I’m based near: somerset
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __just wondering does anyone do their own servicing or do you just stick it into Mazda and let them do it

If you want to keep the service history to date and ongoing then take it to a dealer. If that doesn’t worry you then DIY service is ok, keep a record of expenditure and mileage carried out.
I do my own and keep receipts, both cars are DIY serviced and both are now 9 years old.

My cars now 4.5 years old 3 years service by the main dealership only because this was in with the price of the car l now do my own servicing one is you can save £100s and two l know its done properly you can get most service parts from MX5 parts spread the cost of the next service over the year…….they give 10% off some times in the year or wait to you go to the national rally I got 15% last year……

I have owned my MX-5 since new and it has never been serviced by the main dealer.

When it has been serviced (every 12 months), I buy the oil and filters etc. form Mazda and get a receipt with my registration noted on it.

The car is then serviced by my son who is a Ford fully trained Vehicle Technician. He services the car “through the books” at a discount. I then get a receipt for the service and Ford then update the Mazda Service Record (although I have never checked that).

Whether this scenario reduces the value of the car is largely irrelevant, (I will be buried in it). What’s more important to me is that I know absolutely that the service has been carried out and done “by the book”.

I would be worth a call to a Mazda dealer for a cost of the “service kit” comparted to MX-5 Parts. For me the cost of the oil was on par but I did pay more for the brake fluid when that was due.

An interesting question for us all would be; if YOU were buying a say 4-5 year old pre-owned MX-5, both exactly the same price, condition and milage etc. Only one had a Main Dealer service history and the other has a documented history such as mine and potentially as @rebel99, which one would you buy? :thinking:.

Although I doubt @rebel99 is selling his either :joy::joy: