Mazdaspeed

Does anyone know much about mk1 mazdaspeeds.

Ive been offered one that looks nice but to be honest its a model i dont much about

Sods law ive just  bought an rltd too.

Are there any tell tale signs or plaques or numbers on them thanks

“Mk1 Mazdaspeeds”. There are several variants. Doubt it would be a C-Spec, as only 4 of those were made.

Most were conversions done to owner cars, either DIY, or through a chain of “Mazdaspeed Tuning” shops. The owners got a numbered plaque as part of the kit, which they could choose to or not, to affix to their cars.

There were conversions that ranged from just and exhaust/air filter right through to supercharger (basically Moss’s Jackson Racing kit, but with some primitive fuel management).

And at the time these cars were made. Mazdaspeed had very little to do with Mazda per se; it was a nominally independent  tuner.

From what ive been told its an a spec.

Its got 3 spoke raya wheels on it. Mazdaspeed roll bar and gold kick Plates . 

Are these valued at basic model prices.  Its 3.5k . With hard top. In which  looks like from pics ive seen is straight

You buy anything older than an ND series car “from 2015” on the state of the body as Mazda cars rust.

Therefore the addition of a sports air filter through supercharger is well down on the number of reasons to buy the car.

Get the car examined on a car lift by someone who knows the cars weakness rather than the set of springs or whatever it is sitting on.

Further as these parts were fitted say 15 to 25 years ago, what guarintee do you have that these are Mazdaspeed parts?

A-Spec was just a bodykit and some tuning bits from a catalogue. If so, it will have covers over the sills, making inspection more difficult. I wouldn’t value the car as anymore than a standard car. Pinning down a value is difficult, but for £3.5k, I would expect a 100% car.

“A-Spec” specs vary.

Its a case of the car being worth more in parts than as a car. The seller thinks its worth the additional value of the parts.

Thanks for that. Bit gutted really as ive just bought an rltd and ive just found a message from the seller i thought id lost