Meet a Wonkey Donkey

UPDATED SATURDAY 8th April

The Wonkey Donkey Run Sunday April 9th

The weather forecast for Sunday is Sunny 21 degrees so look out the sun lotion !!

The Wonkey Donkey Run Route Sheet is now at http://pp.mx5oc.co.uk/Wonkey_Donkey_Run_April_2017.pdf please download it and either print it out or send it to your mobile phone as a .pdf

The starting point is The Dearne Valley Farm (Pub / Restaurant), in the cars for 9:45 leaving at 10:00.

Arrive earlier if you want to sample one of  their excellent breakfasts , they are good value for money starting at £2.95.

Our mid morning coffee stop is at the Hayfield Lakes at about 11:15.

We will arrive at the Donkey Visitors Centre at about 12:30, they will open up a paddock so we can all park together. Tours have been booked, we will be at the centre for 1 ½ to 2 hours.

A mid afternoon meal has been booked at The Eggborough Power Station Sports and Social Club approx 5 miles away, Theis Sunday Roasts start at £5.95.

We hope you will be able to join us

Burton and Lesley

PS You are welcome to join us on route, or leave after the coffee stop or visitors centre.

Earlier post

Wonkey Donkeys ? I have backed a few in The National ! I was not sure what we would find and whether it would be a place we could bring The MX5 Owners Club to, we were pleasant surprised, What nice people!  What a special place, created to help a small girl overcome her physical and mental problems ! We sat in the lounge area with two large coffees and two large chunks of chocolate cake, the birth of their latest addition Rosie, was showing on a large monitor on the wall, she was just two weeks old when we visited, The video wasn’t the least gory, it was very informative and tastefully done. Later our guide kept us enthralled  for over an hour by telling us all about the appalling history of some of the Donkeys we saw on our tour. I was even  saying ‘Ahh’ before we left !The cost of admission? £3.00 Adults £2.00 Concessions . The charity will open up a surfaced paddock for us to park all together when we visit.

The run will start at The Dearne Valley Farm at 9:30 for 10:00 and follow a scenic route to The Wonkey Donkey Sanctuary nr Darrington, a mid afternoon meal could be organised for those who want it at a nearby power station Sports and Social Club.

Update added 8/042017

Great run out as usual Burton and as usual some of us got lost ! Hahaha
Thank God for sat navs that’s all I can say . The sanctuary was very informative and well worth a visit so if anyone is thinking about going, i recommend it .
Thanks Burton and Lesley

Pete and Shane

Thanks for a great day out and thanks everyone for welcoming us to your group.

Chris and Pauline