Me Neither with Bullit :crossed_fingers:
[But I Can’t Attribute Blame to Her Previous Owners
Because She’s Only had One
And I Got her 18 Months Old]
So It Was My Bad…It Was Me That Neglected Her :frowning_face:
Sure… Due to My Ignorance and Having to Prioritise
At the Time …More Important
Life, The Universe & Everything Stuff :upside_down_face:

But Appreciate Your Wise Words…sic “Give Up and Buy a New One I Will Only Have to Replace Everything Else Again” :frowning_face:

So It’s Taken Me a While to Forgive Myself for Neglecting Her and Consol Myself :smiling_face_with_tear:

At Least I Know Exactly What Has Happened to Her Since I Got Her March 2007 :slightly_smiling_face:

Gotta Be Difficult When There Are More Previous Owners :upside_down_face:

Accepting that Bullit is now in the Category of Restore & Renovate so

Saving Me Pennies Again for Next Task :crossed_fingers:

But Enjoying So Much Driving Her Again :grinning:

Albeit Tesco, Vet, Health Checks :grimacing:

Drat and Double Drat …Cost of Living & Energy Crisis, The War et al :hot_face:

But Lived Long Enough to Know That

These Things Will Eventually Pass :smiley:

Best

1 Like

Yeah, I must admit that I had a pretty sad drive back (almost 4hs from the Garage).

But was time enough to think properly and decide to go for it. *after almost giving up of course :slight_smile:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Let’s keep them forever (it is my plan and now, after the next maintenance cycle, will probably always be)

I think I was a bit stupid, but bought it just after Covid, without seeing the car first or properly checking it. I think Monty has had 13 previous owners :sweat_smile: Definitely not a shy one.

Sometimes I still think that with everything going on it does not deserve the money in it, but again. I love driving it, I can do most wear and tear maintenance…

When I see an Orange one I will say hello :slight_smile: *love the colour btw.

Thanks, cheers, take care!

1 Like

Bless You :grinning:

:notes: Once You Fall in Love :notes:

Once You Get Past the Shock of “How Much !!??!!” :worried:

Previous Owners…Not Checking…Been There :handshake:

My Second Car Was a Triumph Spitfire Mark IV
Got the Reg Doc Back…Six Previous Owners in 7 Years
Did Restorations Myself
Fiberglass Holes/Undersealing/New Carpets etc
But They Really Did Go to ‘Rust Heaven’ Very Quickly in Those Days…No Chance :roll_eyes:

Think Knowledge & Understanding re Rust, Renovation & Restore More Advanced These Days :+1:

And Thanks to the Internet more Available for the Ordinary Owner :+1:

But Still ‘Labour of Love’ for Devotees of the Older MX5 :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Colour of Vehicles and Other Stuff in Your Life…

When I’ve Had the Choice I’ve Always Gone Black or British Racing Green and My Favourite Colour was Blue

Until I Met Bullit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

Now Given the Choice…I’ve Got Orange Blinds/Towels/Clothes etc

How Sad Am I :roll_eyes:

Ditto :wave: re Black :sunglasses:

1 Like

PS
Forgot to Say…When I Did the Work on the Triumph Spitfire Myself
I Was in My Twenties [Me Plus Experts]
Now in My Sixties with the Muscle Strength of a Gnat [Post Menopause]
Have to Pay Others …Ouch [Still Me Plus Experts]
So… Take Advantage of the Fact You Have a Second Pair of Hands with Your Partner !
After All…You Both Enjoy Monty
Kindest

2 Likes

Sad to find rust but you won’t really know how bad it is until you take a grinder to it and see what’s inside

The car looks absolutely tremendous though!

As someone who like to bastardize MK1s and make em speedy it looks prime for it! Although it being a special edition it’s well worth getting any welding sorted and keeping it pristine - if you hold on to it for a bit I doubt you’ll lose any money on repairs at all

I’ve been looking at nd’s myself recently but they’re still out of my price range, one day I’ll get one cheap enough to fire some psi’s through!

Tldr - car looks amazing - weldings worth doing!

1 Like

I am with you here :sweat_smile:

Monty will endup keeping Brilliant Black, but as the other colours have the black stripe, I would like to do a “machine gray” type of colour at the sill level and on future front/rear spolier/lip (also easier to spot rust :rofl: )

1 Like

Yeah, I did have some literal and philosophical cold feet (Again)… Someone tried to steal my CAT…
and Jesus how sensitive it is to driving on snow (it is my only car and I got surprised by a snowfall after I left home) .
Xmas vibes
Winter greetings

“is it summer yet” ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cats already half out - buy it a silly exhaust!

1 Like

Don’t tell anyone, but I just did (resonated de-cat), should arrive this week, then I need to be brave enough to go out and fit it in (it is quite loud/weird noise at the moment, but the cat is still there).

1 Like

At least they’re easy to fit, the decat on its own shouldn’t make a huge difference to the noise.

Catback next :sweat_smile:

Yep…I Also Got Caught Out By Snow Last Year :roll_eyes:

And I Should Know Better as Owned Bullit since 2007

But Different Address…

Thankfully a Neighbour Heard Bullit ‘Screaming’ and Came Out to Help :+1:

[Now Trying to Get Council to Give Us a Grit SandBox for a Slopped Single Lane] :crossed_fingers:

Fortunately They’ve Started Gritting the Main Road onto the Estate and Bullit is Garaged Off this Main Artery rather than Home Address :joy:

And the Problem Solving Goes On and On and On [Whether MX5 or Cost of Living etc] :face_with_spiral_eyes:

But You Have Each Other :muscle: and Beautiful Monty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Keeeeeeeeeep Fighting :boxing_glove:

Kindest

1 Like

And… it will be storage for me, if I can find one and the cost is not prohibitive. Or maybe sell if I can’t find one around :(.
It is a good reason… I will need a bigger car :baby:

Hopefully storage as I really think that if I sell this car I would have to go through all the purchase/restore/customisation process, and I don’t think I can anymore… and maybe would be better to have a motorcycle for cost/fun/parking considerations.

Best wishes o/

Good morning and a happy Sunday!

And, the time has come :pleading_face:, but let’s see.

o/