MeisterR coilovers

Hi,I’m thinking of fitting a set of MeisterR sportive coil overs to my 96 VR-A,to replace the standard fit Bilsteins,Has anyone any experience of these? ride quality etc? many thanks

Hi

I’m fitting a set to my NC this weekend (if it all goes to plan!)

The reviews I have seen have all be very good, suggesting they are great for fast road use and are of a good build quality.

I will post some feedback on here once I am done.

Antony

I fitted some to my '94 rs-ltd and they are fantastic! One of the best things you can do to a '5 IMHO.

Interested to hear how you got on Antony. I found that I had to increase the preload on the rear quite a bit as they bottomed out too much making a heck of a bang as they did so… They were fitted lowered but I think I’ll raise them back up to standard as the exhaust catches too easily on speed bumps.
I increased the preload after discussing the problem with Meister who were very helpful. They suggested that on the PRHT, the suspension travel is a tad limited due to the physical length of the damper which can be fitted.

My car is a 2011 NC.

That’s odd as there is no difference between the prht and soft top Coilovers when I was looking. Most companies only sell one variant for nc (meoster/yellowspeed/tein etc). If you bottom out there is normally insufficient stroke or they arent set up correctly :+1:.

Hi

I have now fitted these to my 2012 PHRT and all went well.

Not an easy job, but by no means too difficult either. It took me around 7 hours from start to finish.

My initial reaction is the MisterR ZetaCRD’s are really very good!
I have mine set on 12 from hardest on the front and 15 from hardest on the back.
I have not changed the preload, but I did raise them by 10mm before installing on the car.
I’d say the ride height is around 1" lower than standard, which is perfect for me (I daily drive my car).

At first I had the rears set to 12 from hardest and found the ride a bit too jittery, then I backed them off to 18 from hardest and found the ride a bit too bouncy. I did go over a large indentation in the road and the back bounced around a lot, but never bottomed out? I’ve since settled on 15 from hardest and so far am happy with the compromise.

The change in ride quality and body control over my 70k mile old Bilstein’s is fantastic. The car now feels like I wanted it to feel. Controlled, flat, engaging but still complainant enough.

I would highly recommend.

Antony

To the OP l’ve got the Sportives fitted on my NC PRHT, to be honest I need them adjusting as I think the ride height is set too low. At the cheaper end of the MeisterR range I think they are pretty decent, quality is there just as in the CRD’s obviously without the ability for adjusting the ride comfort with the separate adjusters. The ride/handling is very good under normal road conditions but read below.
My personal preference would be to try and have this current set up raised a little as I get a little thudding when hitting those type of undulating road surfaces, can be annoying and sometimes you hit them unsuspectingly.
Apart from that I’d love to fit the option of fully adjustable CRD’s or as Dean has to his NC PRHT the Tein Z flex adjustables.

That’s all in the future of course, hope this helps although it’s based on the NC model should be too different for an NA who knows.

During my research I did find that there was a batch of rx8 tein flex years ago that were sent out with incorrect springs on the rear that bottomed out. To my knowledge they addressed the issue and made it right, but it was a concern until I could find that out as the chassis are so similar.

My only concern was with ride being too firm on mono sport coilovers from previous experience, hence my eventual choice, but if I simply went with the majority it would have been meister r of course as so many people have them fitted. :+1:

Thanks for the replies,my biggest concern is the ride height,I really don’t want it lower than standard,so maybe I’ll have to have a rethink,again many thanks.

The ride height is adjustable, so you can set it to your preference.

1 Like

I dont have those on mine, i have the CDR’S.
on our pot holed essex roads it is difficult to get the right ballance between comfort and hard, bouncy and non bouncy.
I found that reducing tyre pressures to 28 psi gives more precision as to what i am after, so im extremley happy with them.
Good luck in your choice

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.