Meisterr CRD or Clubrace Joy ride

Hi, I’m looking for someone who might have either Meisterr CRD or Clubrace installed on their NC that is willing to take me for a ride.

Need to decide which to go for and would really prefer a ride first.

Tia

1 Like

if you are anywhere near grantham, i can take you for a quick drive.
i have meisters on mine.

1 Like

I’ve had both of those on Civic Type R’s. Clubrace were way too OTT. CRD a perfect blend.

My car will be 90% daily, country roads and B roads, 10% track. I will only ever take power to 200bhp if I do it at all. I assume you are suggesting CRD would be enough. How were the Clubrace OTT? Firmness? It’s been suggested you can soften them right off.

Clubrace are (well on the civics at least), a much firmer spring rate than the CRD which is what makes them so stiff. I believe there are some minor internal valving tweaks too, but it’s 99% down to the harsher spring rates. If it were me I’d be going for the CRD, no question. They were perfect on my fn2 civic.

1 Like

the preset CRD spring rate gives you the same ride as a sport tech with the sports suspention but without so much bodyroll and without all nosediving, except under very heavy braking and noselift!

iv got my damping at 9 clicks all round and its a very comfortable ride i did have them at 12 but that was too crashie over rough and areas of multipul potholes.

i would also recomend adding the 30% stiffer IL motorsport AntiRoll bars.

because iv found that by putting on CRD’s, AntiRoll bars, fast road wheel alignment and well balanced wheels you can make an MX5 handle and ride like a 100 grand+ supercar!

2 Likes

Cool, look forward to a ride. Let me know when you are free. :+1: