MeisterR Sportive coilovers?

Any one using the meister sportive coilovers for the nc 2.0?

They are £500, I just drive on the street and find the standard suspension wallooows a lot. I know the ZetaCRD are the better option but they are £300 more expensive which is 60%

After spending on underseal, 4-1, remap etc I’m trying to keep some cost down and thought they looked like a decent set?

1 Like

Hiya, bally3 had them on his RECARO edition :+1: perhaps a PM to him? Nice chap and I’m sure he’d give his thoughts?

Barrie

2 Likes

The thing is, you fit the the more affordable parts to your car and later down the line wish you bought the better option. Good thing about the Zetas is they are adjustable rebound, so you can fine tune your the suspension to your taste. The spring rate is is also a little stiffer than the Sportives so that will help with its willowy feel.
Just the Zetas myself but haven’t got around to fitting yet.

1 Like

Couldn’t reply to this thread before but now I’ve had a better drive of my new to me NC with Sportives fitted I can.
The Sportives seem hard and I’ve had them thud at the rear over seriously rough roads, not bad though on the whole a good ride with them. Car corners flat and no wallowing.
Compare that to my older NC fitted with the MeisterR CRD’s I think I prefer the CRD’s as they are adjustable, I’d like them a little softer, a personal choice.
I may have the Sportives adjusted a little height wise of course before doing anything else. Costly to change of course, don’t get me wrong I love the way the car handles as is, a little tweak maybe who knows and might stick with them.

I had Zetas on an MK2 but it came with them so never really had anything to compare it to, they did soak up the bumps really well though.

Probably best too have too much of something than not enough. Some people on ebay sell the zeta but there’s never any deals on them. I have been watching for ages.

You won’t find any deals on them, they are still in short supply. Only place that sell them for an NB are coilovers.co.uk , not sure if availability on the NC version is restricted.

After getting Sportives on my NB, I regret not getting something with firmer springs and adjustable dampers.

They may be better for the NC set up, but my point is to spend the extra.

BOFI are listing them in stock

I’m waiting for ebay deals, which means ebay foots the bills with 10%+ off and sellers still get paid in full.

1 Like