Members area access

Hi, I’m new to the club, and I might be missing something obvious but having a look for what events you go to, for me to go to as well (tunerfest oulton park and japfest) i don’t seem to have access to areas of the forum which it said I would have. I am a full paid member, am i missing something???

Can you access the areas under this link?

https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/c/mx-5-owners-club-members-area/17

If so you have full members access.

I had this as well, I think my iPad wasn’t actually logging me out then back in when I logged in. I cleared all cookies and bingo, everything worked.

1 Like

i can see via the link but cant create posts it would appear

You might want to try signing out fully, then signing back on.
A full sign out is done by going to your “account preferences”, clicking on “security”, and then on “log out all”.

2 Likes

thanks, I’ve tried that but no difference :grimacing: bit annoying to say the least as I wanted to post in the members area

Which bit? You need to select a sub category, you will not be able to post at the top level.

Can you read topics and posts in the “members only” category?

Thank you IanH, I hadn’t realised this! on closer inspection, yes I can post on the relevant discussion page. A moment of muppetry, I’m feeling slightly foolish now :clown_face:

Thanks everyone for your help!

3 Likes

No worries this software is a learning experience for us all :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

I’m an MX5 club member (since summer) but I’d made this forum account before becoming a member. Is there any way I can link it to my membership as I’m looking to make a post.

Message sent.

I too am having this issue. I’ve tried clearing caches and logging out/in in various combinations but I can’t seem to get access to the members only area despite being a member.

When I look at my profile on the forum I see the club member badge on my avatar, but it disappears when I browse elsewhere in the forum.