Merlot Register

Got mine from ‘The Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire’, Mexborough actually. It’s in Lincoln now. Lots of nice shiny ones turning up. Think I’ll have to get the polish out at the weekend to keep up.

Paul

There is a Plate Merlot forsale in a garage in Wokingham at the moment.

Reg ends ‘OGO’. It has’sharks teeth’ front grille and and aftermarket wooden steering wheel.

Anybody here had this one?

Roadie,

Thanks to Allanduf, Central Scotland…

I am in!

I am the original saddo, being a contributer to the Central Scotland OC since 2004 when I stopped smoking.

Started to save ciggie money, aiming to reach the magic £1200 - £1500 for my first MX-5.

I am sure like us all,  there was just something that I loved about this wee Roadster, so Mx-5 for ciggies was my deal to myself.

However, as life does,  roofs leak, fences fall down three years in a row,  and stuff happens and I sadly saw my Mx- 5 piggy bank deplete.

I still read the forum, and read all about the Mx-5, but  just never had one.

Three months ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer, happily an early diagnoses and treatable.  In Radiotherapy now.  

Needless to say forced retirement from my professional life.

Within a week I bought my Mx-5 and to my joy I found  a Merlot 96, mechanically sound, needing a wee bit of TLC in Dundee.  Bought it right away, and it is now my get well project, as I order up bits and pieces for it.  Are they ‘hers’?  Are they feminine in gender?  I thinks she is.

Of course I cannot stop driving her!  She is terrific! 101K and ticks over like a sewing machine.  Power Steering pipes are done, got them from Autolink, but I ma in no hurry, as I love how she handles just now, without power steering!  Nonetheless my wife demand power steering fix.  (think I might only see car disappearing down the road if I do that!)

We have a CRV, and  a new BMW 318 SE on order, but no car has made me laugh aloud as much as this wee Merlot!  Had top down, and did a country road, laughing aloud at just how good she is.

Great to join this link, she is one of the 400, with Reg P525 STW

Hope picture follows this message.

Regards,

RonMac

Central Scotland OC

Merlot

Allanduf,

I got a Cocker Spaniel…your car looks great!

RonMac

{#emotions_dlg.bigsmile}

I am amazed picture placement  worked!

Better picture…

Merlot 96

RonMac

Central Scotland

Merlot 96

Not mine,but in the family.  Original to the point that it has its factory exhaust, although the dummy oil pressure gauge and sender have been swapped for a real one and it’s had both sills done. Leather steering wheel, older type indicator stalks.

Hi Like you Paul I am a Merlot fan. “Max” has been in the family now since Sept 2007. I don’t know how the attach a picture! ! If some one can tell me I will Post some pics.

P181 XTT

Regards Julian 

Years Produced:
1996 (June)

Spec:
1.8 Engine
15 x 6.5JJ Phantom 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels and Locking Wheel Nuts
205 x15 x R15 Proxes T1R Toyo Tyres (THE BEST)
Grey Leather Interior with red Accent Piping
Quality Wood Centre Console and Dash Trim
Merlot Exterior Badge
(Leather Steering Wheel First 400 Units), (last 200 Units - Urethane Type)
Clarion DRX8175R Single Disc CD Audio Unit with RDS/EON
Power Steering
Front & Rear Mud flaps
Immobiliser<o:p></o:p>

Hard top with heated rear screen

Style bar

Side lights on “Buzzer”

K&N 57i High Flow Intake Kit

Jullian,

Well specced Merlot!

Pics are a pain, took me all morning to work it out following help from forum.

First off, host photos on say Flicker, as an internet photo sharing site.

Then click insert photo which is above message text box, a small green TV Icon,  and post in your photo web address from say Flicker.  Right click on Flicker hosted photo, and copy URL address.  Input this into insert photo URL from TV icon.

Worked for me…2nd time trying.

Flicker is only one of many photo sharing sites, but a well used one.

Best of luck!

Welcome to the gang guys!

Thanks for your kind welcome to the Merlot Register. Great Car, Great Club, Great People. Still can’t work out how to “post” a picture. Working on it!

Julian

:) looking good.

Nice one!

I have a bit of wear and tear around the piping near the window wiper on drivers door.

Just age with manual windows now sticky and a ‘to do’  grease job. 

My wife suggests nail varnish matching, which I of course know ‘all’ about…NOT!

If anyone can suggest a shade…I would listen!  Or a leather paint?

RonMac

Hi RonMac

I had a huge hole in the drivers seat bolster on my Merlot and I purchased a leather repair kit off eBay from a seller called thescratchdoctor. I did not think it would work that well but with a bit of effort the hole is gone and you can hardly tell where it was. The hardest part is mixing the colour to match but all in all it was well worth the effort and the £16.95 price. Way cheaper than a new seat. As for the sticky windows, get yourself a can of spray silicone lube, take the door panels off and blast the window channels and sliders with it, works a treat. Don’t use WD40 or oil as that just attracts muck and gums the works up even worse. Great choice on buying a Merlot, you won’t regret it. Have fun.

Nemesis

Here is mine Big Smile, might be an import VR-LTD but the right colour.

Sorry for all the pictures Wink

Nemesis,

Great advice.  Happily my seats are in great condition, just piping needing a ‘lift’ around door.

Comfy wee car!

Many thanks.

RonMac

I have a Eunos VR LTD comb.A which I would love to show you but I cannot seem to find out how to post a picture ?  method in EASY to understand details please.

Alan

Trying again!!!