Merlot Register

I suggested in another post that it might be nice to know who has a Merlot. I’ve loved the Merlot since I first saw one, I still prefer the Mk1 and love MX-5s in general. So in my opinion the Merlot is the best of the best of the best. Finally got my hands on one to replace my previous ride ‘Roadie’ the '92 Eunos. This one is called ‘Wino’. I’ll start the ball rolling with my details. Would love to see some replies from other Merlot owners hopefully with a picture so we can compare. Let’s see how close we can get to 600 cars!

Paul & Elaine Kent (Lincoln)

P322WRG

Here’s mine. Bought as a scruffy winter runabout, but loving it so gave it a tidy, still a bit to do though. Was even pressed into service for a dog show !

P892 WGS

This is mine taken at Beaulieu last year as in my Avatar

And another

Previous reg P964 UNL, now on a private plate - any previous owners on here? Still keep in contact with the guy I bought it from 2 years ago.

My brother also has a Merlot and has owned from about 2 years old; nice low mileage (32,000). Did try to buy it off him for a couple of years as he hardly uses it but he wouldn’t sell so started looking for myself. Purely by chance saw my Merlot advertised on here so now we have a matching pair although mine is far more looked after than his!

There is also another one living somewhere near to me which I see often as it is used as a daily drive, N430 GVX I think. So I can offer you a total of 3 Merlots to add to your list.

Wish they numbered the Merlots, as they did with the Dakars for example, as it would make this register far easier to monitor. 

Heres a few pictures of mine.

This is last years National Rally at Mallory Park

And a few more at home.

I have had it for a few years now, purchased it from a member in Essex. The wood trim on the centre console was in poor condition so I removed it and fitted a few chrome goodies to break up the black plastic. Only other changes are a style bar and front mud flaps. Great idea to see how many there is on the forum. There is also another one in my town, but every time our path crosses I am cycling to work or in the other car, might get a strange look waving at him if I’m not in the Merlot.

Regards Mike

How bizarre - I bought mine from Worcester (west of Oxfordshire…ish) and brought it back to Essex! 

Here is mine.

Here’s ours…

www.projectmerlot.co.uk.

Some lovely Mark 1’s here for sure! very pleasing to see!

Smile

Ben.

Is that a proper BBC Top Gear ‘Stig’ (I know there have probably been several drivers wearing the official helmet) or is it an imposter?

Mine is in my Avatar (us at The Ring).  I will add the recent ones at Reims too

We traded in our 96 merlot N633 EJC for our mk3.Still miss her.

Anyone on here know of her whereabouts

Was that pic taken at Helmingham Hall last year by any chance

Please add me to the list . I agree with Paul & Elaine ,the Mk1/Merlot combination of colour and shape really has style . It will be interesting to see how many are still around .Photos to follow .

Regards Steve

Hi all,

As some of you may be aware I have just sold my beloved award wining Merlot to a fellow club member Cry. While the car has gone I have a few items that I think you will be very interested in, if like me you want to keep your Merlot as Mazda intended. Take a look in the ‘Parts for Sale’ section of the forum - some very rare items. Just wanted to help out some fellow Merlot owners Smile

Thankyou.

Gary

I would post a pic of my merlot but i havent a clue how todo it

Picture needs to be hosted on some server or other, eg photobucket or the like, right click properties then insert the path betweenSquare bracket img square bracket and square bracket/imgsquare bracket and it should appear. Hope it makes sense.

Hi all… had mine since 2008, love it, will add a few pictures at the weekend

Hi my Merlot is in this months soft top magnazine pages10/11on the O C stand. i am still trying to upload pics for you

Pete K

IMGP0306.jpg picture by pete0619010.jpg003.jpgImage0114.jpg

Yippy I did it.  Thanks everyone for you help

Pete k