MIata concept

Color, fun and joy for … 2023 :smiley:
We need that so much now !
Could you build it Mr Mazda ?

The coupé is amazing :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJ1m-eyFD8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3KfCFo5jHHBwS2JHf8FyMBRtYBSh9CoecwDyFUj7CzsP7J7LRayK3epGk

I suppose Coronovirus means some people have time on their hands for idle speculation. Miura headlights aren’t going to happen, 2.8 I6 isn’t going to happen, smoking tyres aren’t going to happen.

Front end looks like rotary the race car with a stupid grin and gogfle eyes. Side on looks like an NC and rear looks a bit like a viper. So some good some bad angles. It will never happen.

Yep, works for me, its got a touch of the BMW Z4s about it, but maybe that’s just me.
I like all the MX5 models in general so I trust Mazda when it finally comes to the next generation of sports cars.

1 Like

A little of Fiat Samantha too :thinking:

1 Like

Road cars never look much like the concept but let’s hope they keep some of the nicer bits. Like the deep wheels.
Everyone I speak to seems say the ND looks very BMW Z4 from behind. In fact 3 guys at work have Mx5’s. 1xNB 2xNC, and all of them said they wouldn’t buy an ND because of how much like a BMW they look. One of them has an older NC and is looking for a Low mileage 2014NC at the moment because he likes the shape so much. Personal taste is brilliant, without it we would all have the same things and life would be dull.

I think the front end is very Porsche 928 or type 64

Some cars look like concepts
(sometimes with their flaws) :woozy_face:

But this isn’t a Mazda concept. Its someone’s fevered expectation.

Some fevered imaginations of the ND, pre-release

2023 is the speculative date for a NE, but several years before the ND was launched, mules were appearing undergoing testing. I wouldn’t be surprised if work on the NE has been paused, to see if there will be even a market for this kind of car in 2023.

The MG E-motion might be an interesting tester for the post-COVID market. Through the Trademark Images, we know what this coupe is going to look like

A bit less avant garde than the 2017 concept; its a farily conservative looking coupe. The price is key; £30-35k. I’ve noticed MG have startd to get TV ad spots again, redefining themselves as an EV /plug-in hybrid manufacturer.

If th E-motion is some sort of updated FWD Hyundai S-Coupe, it will tank. But if MG manage to launch it for that price, with 4WD, well… I can see its conservative looks combined with frugal running costs and the badge appealing, considering the average age of a new MX5 is now over 60. When MG was MG, it never had a problem shifting stock despite a poor reliability reputation. Has the heritage survived the last 15 years?

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=624305

The Citroen Plurial was a bit like a Concept car, quirks and all, which never really caught on.
Personally I quite like the BMW Z4 , but the ND is still my favourite should I ever buy another car to replace my MK3.

I think that MG is rather a good looking machine.

I loved the original NA, but I needed a four seater, :-1: and just when I didn’t the ND was announced, thankfully a breath of fresh air design wise as the NB and NC didn’t appeal to me, so that was perfect timing and I put my name down as soon as I could. :+1: Did it live up to my expectation? :thinking: You betcha! :smiley: I pre-ordered so I didn’t see one in the flesh or test drive one until I collected mine and drove it home and it felt “right” from the first! An ND 1.5l SE-L Nav, brilliant little car! :heart_eyes: Loved the ND SOOOOO much I pre-ordered an “Orange” one as soon as it was announced, so now I have two! :+1: :+1: Best “driver’s cars” I’ve ever had! :heart:

1 Like

The 4 seat NA

The view from the back seat of a MX5 Miata

http://speedhunters-wp-production.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/14211600/Larry_Chen_2016_Speedhunters_sema_2016_tml_73-1200x800.jpg

1 Like

Some look amazing , some like Mercs and a couple like Vauxhall’s , quite a selection , it’ll be interesting to see what actually arrives come the time.

Those concepts were all for the ND (Mk4). Its not certain if there will be a Mk5 (NE) at all, or if the ND will get a new powerplant. The ND was only possible because of the collaboration with Fiat (the roadster market was too small). Now Fiat has bailed.

Some look like Mercs (SLKs) because that’s what they are. The artists just took some stock photos and turned them into Mazdas.

Those four seater Mazda MX5 cars, how did the hood work? It is OK in a two seater, but four seaters struggle to get the hood to operate easily. In the ND, I can put the hood up or down from the drivers seat, but there is no way that could be achieved in a four seater. Also, the extra length of the hood would make the mechanism much more difficult to engineer. The only option would be a motor driven one adding weight.

Why would anyone want a four seater MX5? - surely it is against the very concept of the roadster.

A bigger boot would be better.

Easy. Weld 2 frames together.Fabric hoods are very pliable if conditioned properly. Might need a bit of clamp adjusting, but that’s it.
I guess the real issues would start with a hardtop though.

I think there are two problems to overcome.

1. The mechanism needs to fold and unfold over a longer distance requiring quite a bit of mecano ingenuity. Not impossible, but tricky as the extra length makes the whole structure quite flexible which is not what you want.

2. Where do you put all his extra metal and fabric? The MX5 does not have much space.

Besides that, the basic design philosophy has been cast aside.

All of these cars looks simply stunning to my eyes - shame something looking like this didn’t replace the NC !

The third one down looks a lot like the ND. I don’t think any of them look as good as the ND turned out tho. I absolutely love the look of the ND. I can’t think of many ways it could be improved visually. But that’s just my opinion obviously.
I would never in a blind fit have bought an MX5 before the ND. And then boom, they did that!!

It does need a turbo however. A 1600 turbo would be sweet. Not too much power but great torque. So I have a 2.0 for now and it’s fine just a bit under powered.

If you didn’t notice, the limo (there is only one) is cruising in Las Vegas (for SEMA). Las Vegas is in the desert.

Why should the children miss out. Back in the day, roadsters wuld have a jumpseat. The Morgan +4 is a 4 seater, and a roadster.

1910 Stoddard Dayton 10C Raceabout 4-seat roadster

The Austin Healey 3000 BT7. Roadster? Certainly. And it had 4 seats