Miata is not a sports car !

I love Family Guy - hilarious adult cartoon, apart from this wee clip, you’ll hear why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3MhS_TzPbA

Seth MacFarlane doesn’t really like Miatas

Neither does Matt Groening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xluDzB13JZ4

Lucky for me then that I drive an MX-5 and not a Miata 

I generally ignore American views on sports cars because unless it’s V8 the Americans cannot even comprehending a car. 

They should why they have missed out so much in motoring history fools 

Who wands a V8 THAT ONLY PRODUCE 170BHP idiots.

There are NO real differences !Tongue Out

That must be why the US has long been a massive market for sports car from Britain, France, Italy, Japan…

And it was an American, who saw that that he could no longer buy the kind of traditional English open-topped cars that he loved.

The Triumph TR’s, the MGB’s … all gone. And he got to speaking with someone at a company called Mazda…

I know 

Americans can sometime string a sentence together though.

Harry Potter I suppose.

America has been a key contributor to the history of the motor car.

The British were very happy with a cast-off Buick V8 (fished out of a boat) that produced less than 140hp. In British popular culture, the MX5 has been either portrayed as the choice of gangsters’ molls (Sexy Beast) or as the transport of sinister malcontents (Spaced)

Though back in the day, Mazda Cars Limited didn’t really consider Eunos Roadsters to be MX5s…

At the pinnacle of the Yank Muscle Car  Some Models were producing one BHP for every Cubic Inch Capacity Straight from the Factory EG The DODGE SUPER BEE in, I think 1969/70 Also the Original "“Muscle” Car Nicknamed the Goat thrashed a new Italian GTO over a Standing Mile But unless they had Extensive Work done they were only any good in a straight line

When Steve McQueen is hammering the green Mustang around San Francisco in Bullit, study the leaf spring rear axle movement.

Lots of V8 power, but the primitive rear suspension is causing the rear axle to bounce everywhere when putting the power down.

There was’nt Traction control or LSD on Yank Muscle back then, You could stiffen up the Suspension to cure the Roll But you were more Likely to see a set of Wheelie bars on the Real Muscle. I once Owned a Mercury Couger XR7 that would Lift the front Wheels of the Road briefly From a standing start. Got me Nicked once when I had not spotted the Police Car behind me when I took off from a Set of Traffic Lights.