Missing key

1. My model of MX-5 is: NB 1.8 Icon
  2. I’m based near: Wolverhampton
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: I lost the only key I have that will start my car. I had already had two keys cut however I had not had them programmed. I had someone come out with his laptop and leads however he said he couldn’t reprogram my keys as “the car is too old for my software”.
    Can anyone give me some advice please.

This is a real long shot but there is a chap called Alex Mee on facebook who knows his MX-5 key & fob stuff and sorted out new keys and fobs for my NBFL, he might be able to help you, you should be able to get in touch with him on :- Redirecting... or https://www.facebook.com/groups/403741254073124/search/?q=Alex%20Mee

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi from

NB 1.8 Icon owner in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Like Art_Tidesco another Long Story

Had key but after battery fail nothing electronic worked…only manual key in passenger door…locked out of stereo etc

Nightmare trying to do this as you have tried already… only to fail…trying to find the code

Eventually another Club Member flagged up

C&S Haynes Ltd 6 Stonewall Place, Silverdale, Newcastle-under-Lyme STAFFS ST5 6NR

They are MX-5 Enthusiasts and Club Members

Thanks to them I now have a perfectly working fob/key

Plus they’ve done welding/undersealing etc

Brought my NB 1.8 Icon back from the brink

Work in Progress [they’ve also linked me to body respray for her surface rust as soon as I can afford]

Appreciate you Wolverhampton but speak to Steph at C&S Haynes [she’s also the Club Membership Contact for the MX-5 O.C.] and she might be willing to give you a contact ?

Hope this helps ?

2 Likes