MK 2.5 not turning on after long time

Ciao everyone,
after long time not using my MK 2.5 I had the battery charged at a garage and when I connected back I could see every light coming back on but the engine doesn’t start and keeps repeating the starting noise (sorry but I’m not a car tech expert). What can it be in your opinion? It happened other times that i didn’t use the car for long time and forgot to disconnect the battery. Usually buying and fitting a new battery made the car starting straight away. Any idea welcome.
Thanks.

Sounds like you have another dead battery or maybe the connections need tightening up on it. Simple things to check first. :thinking:
How long since it’s last use?

With the Panasonic battery, its important to trickle charge it. Sometimes, they just don’t charge back from dead.

The weird thing is that the morning after, without touching anything, the car just started regularly.

Agree with MickAP about the Battery connections,switch off everything and remove battery terminals, clean inside the clamps and the battery posts. Refit and make sure they are nipped up tight. Start with the simple checks.

Richard.

1 Like

Have to agree.
Loose or corroded battery terminals used to be a common problem in the days of self-tapping screws holding them in place but in these days of bolted clamps and greased terminals to keep corrosion out, it is much rarer.
It can still happen though, classic symptoms are lights coming on with ignition but everything going dead when you try to start it, as the poor connection won’t take the load of the starter motor.
You will probably hear the solenoid click as you try to start it.