Mk 2.5/or later NC

Hi,I have had for 5 years a low miles mint, rustproofed, original Nevada.But I like the later 2 Litre folding hardtop.
Anyone got an opinion on the corrosion and other problems on these models?I have heard some suffer more problems than the 2.5s I really do not want to move from something really good to something with inherrant problems.All opinions very welcome.
Thanks.
GWO

The rusting, when it occurs, can be more extensive. The rusting areas for the NB are fairly well known. I think the awareness of the key rusting areas for the NC is still evolving. Plus add it its a more, mechanically, complex car.

Buy one with a good history, preferably one that been has looked after by a club member. That’s not to say it won’t have the dreaded rust somewhere but you have a better chance of than say looking at one on a dealers forecourt.
I’ve bought and sold my present and past NC’s through the OC and both been virtually rust free.
Ok dealers will have good cars but it’s knowing where to look, what areas you need to look on the car that are prone to rust.
Have a search around the forum using the search function, plenty of content here. Also YouTube can throw up some interesting stuff if you use the correct search wording.
I think at the time I owned a Mk2 most were crumbling away due to age and some being unloved , owners not realising they rust too easily. Chassis rails (front) and rear sill to wheel arch were the main rusty points. The ageing NC’s now have problems with the rear sill to wheel arches areas but not much if any problems with the front chassis rails.

1 Like

If you are interested:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.