Mk1 fog light

I’m a new owner of 1990 Eunos Roadster. I was thinking about doing the fog light conversion, of wiring up the drivers reverse to be the fog light, so I can get rid of the under bumper light. It seems very popular in England, but I’ve been told it won’t pass MOT in NI. is that correct?

Mines passed 3 MOT tests with a red led bulb int the O/S reverse light lens, no problem.

Just make sure your rear fog switch inluminates when in the on position.

Thanks, definitely going to make that change then.

Note that Matt Eunos lives in Bournemouth so will be an english MOT which may not apply where you are

Matt, it’s just been pointed out you live in England, I was asking the question about Northern Ireland as the MOT is different. Thanks anyway.

I can confirm that there should not be a problem in Northern Ireland. When I had my MK1 I carried out the mod first by using red lens tape carefully cut in a circle and stuck over the reversing light. Later on I changed to a red bulb and took the tape off. I put it through a number of NI MOT’s like that with no problems.

Obviously - and I am sure you are aware - if you only have 1 foglamp, it must be on the offside and as the poster above states, there must be a warning light displayed when the lamp is switched on.

Thanks for that, I’ll get on with this mod asap. I was thinking of just changing the fog light switch to one with a warning light. I guess that should be ok.

Mine went through the  MOT yesterday. No problem, although I’m not convinced he looked in the mirror when I flicked the switch to turn it on.