Mk1 Mazda speed

Does anyone know anything on these
I’ve been told about one
Has the plate on the bulkhead.
Ms ,
Bspec, supercharger.
The SC is on the cold side which is opposite to all the one
s I’ve seen …
Apparently it may have been a development, test vehicle.
Thanks

Do you mean the aftermarket conversions?

No the original ones by Mazda speed

I’ve seen one once. Can’t give any more details. Over to @ast

Do you remember what side the SC was on.

Nope…

Mazdaspeed at the time these were made was an independant tuning shop (“Mazdaspeed Factory”). Aftermarket tuning packages were available to owner cars, for DIY fit or garage fit, one of which was

I’ve never heard of “prototype coldside Mazdaspeed supercharger”. Only considering most of the time they sold rebranded kit, rather than actually doing anything themselves. I suspect some embellishment from the seller.

l1041219735.1

In the end, unless you have actual letters of provenance, all this is, by the sounds of it, is a Mazdaspeed M45 ((Oscar Jackson kit) that someone, probably in the UK, has messed around with, uing bits off ebay.

Apparently they’ve documentation backing up that it was a it was a development car for Mazda.
From the engine bay pic I’ve seen it looks well done.
It looks like it’s based on something like a gltd shell.
It’s been in the family for years.
They’re trying to decide on a value. But as we all know if it’s rotten that’s the deciding factor.

It would be helpful if the owner can show this documentation.

They’re being very cagey. Worried about underselling
But then doing nothing about finding a value

Don’t understand. First it “might” have been a development car. Now it apparently has documentation.

They’re telling me it’s got documentation.
But me being sceptical is saying it might have been

Probably something along the lines of the D-Limited sold by Dandy Cars back in the day (made up).

Why not post a picture. Bet it can be matched to a COTS system.

Maybe you can look up the vin on CAR VX Buyback, Vehicle Database and Sample Report at Carvx.Jp - CAR VX I’ve used it for my eunos.

I’ve used that on cars I’ve imported too. Not sure it’ll go back that far. Think it’s been here since 2004

It provided the data for my 1992 eunos v spec.
It was manufactured February 1992 and imported 2001.

1 Like

I have a 1990 Eunos V spec that is also Mazda speed. Blue plaque in the same position and B Spec Not supercharged. I have had it since 2002, it was imported for me. It was supposed to be a buy and sell project!!! I have tried to find information about the car but have only picked up bits and pieces over the years. I have just tried the Car VX link and at first did not work, checked the VIN on the car to find VIN No details were incorrect on the V5C! One letter extra. Just waiting for the information from VX to come back. Only 20 years late in discovering it.
I have always been unsure what to say to the insurance company as I don’t know what is standard. Wheels, Mazda speed exhaust, and strut brace are the obvious ones but what else? Having never driven another MX5 to compare it to.

This one is based on a gltd.

Sounds a nice car. One of my favourites a vspec

Insurance companies have told me they don’t care about the spec of cars as they are landed from Japan. They treat them all as factory spec. As it is, a 1990 conversion by Mazdaspeed would have been effectively an aftermarket upgrade. There were 3 tuning packages on offer. If it gets busted, don’t expect the insurance company to cough up for Mazdaspeed Rays wheels, Mazdaspeed Fujitsubo exhaust or anything. The modifications mean nothing unless you have modified the car.