MK1 rear steer bushes?

Is it true that some of the rear wishbone bushes are softer in order to achieve some small degree of steer?

1. My model of MX-5 is: Eunos G-Ltd
  2. I’m based near: Watford
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: rear bushes

Yes it’s true, the best explanation I have seen is from the MK1 MX5 training manual (not workshop manual)
I will try to post it up later when I finish work.
I’m going back to oem bushes on mine as I personally believe it was much better.

OK. Thanks for confirming that. So does that mean that all these poly bush kits are in fact stunting the original handling?

:thinking: well I have tried in my own car (not mentioning makes) orange ones removed in less than a week then purple ones, better but still not as good as oe.
I have fitted a couple of sets of superpro and they certainly were the best of the poly types.
Obviously my own personal opinion and may not reflect other people’s views.

Just bit the bullet and ordered a full set of oem mazda bushes from mx5 parts to replace my poly ones.
Can’t wait to install and test drive.:hugs:
So I will have a full set of power flex bushes to move on soon as they have only done probably 10k at the max

Jumping on this as my car has gone in for a bit of a refresh including new bushes, which I now need to buy.

When you say OEM from MX5 Parts, do you have a link please? Or do you mean the IL ones?

Also, do we get club discount at MX5 parts?

I ordered genuine Mazda bushes from mx5 parts, sorry I don’t have a link as each bush has to be added to your basket, they don’t sell the bushes as a complete package.

Thanks, roughly how much did it work out if you don’t mind me asking?

£400 Total, I waited untill they had a discount code so saved about £60.
Im actually still waiting for them to fulfill the order from one month ago as they are awaiting stock.

Would have tried a Mazda dealer; they can often price-match the delivered price, and can get stock from Japan in 5 working days.

Tried my local Mazda dealer but they could not match the price from mx5 parts and I even have an account with them, the bushes mx5 parts are waiting for are the same ones my local Mazda dealer told me are Japan stock only so no discount on those 10 bushes.
I’m in no rush so I told mx5 parts to ship once all bits are in stock.

At last bushes have arrived all 5kg off them, can’t wait to get them fitted.
Be interested to actually compare the weight of the Powerflex ones I’m going to remove.
I’m obviously hoping it’s going to drive much better and will report back once I complete the fitting and adjust my alignment to the exact figures I have now.

I adjusted my alignment to the factory specs for my ride height about a 1000 miles ago so I can at least be sure the comparison will be fair.

Power Flex out

I have put a couple of the oem bushes in tonight, made much easier using the proper Mazda tool (in center of power Flex bushes)
Going to call it a night now and crack on tomorrow night once kids bedtime is finished :joy:
Not bad for two hours work.

Update
All oem rubber bushes now pressed into arms and ready to be fitted.
Hopefully start to put it together tomorrow night.

All built up just going to leave it for a couple of nights sat on the turn plates and stands to settle then I will torque all the bolts up and carry out an alignment.

Bolts all torqued up with the car at rest, wheel alignment carried out to get it close and I will then redo the alignment after a few miles once it all settles.
Just waiting for some new arb bushes then it will be time for a test drive. :hugs:

1 Like