Mk1 1.8 manual

I purchased car in 2014 and has been SORN since November 2014

Log book is available for ownership transfer

Car is stored in garage when not in use

Car has been stripped of all interior carpets and trim

Heater removed

Dash has been stripped

Push button start installed

Soft top and frame removed, and all trim Replaced with old Hard top to be removed for track days

Hardtop has plastic rear screen

Seats removed and one Cobra Monaco Pro fitted with Schroth 6 point harness

TR lane rolls bar

Engine has not been modified except for a change on the air filter and Carbon filter removed

Engine chassis brace fitted

Mileage 131K

Oil and filter changed every other track day

New Radiator fitted March 2020

Exhaust has removed catalytic converter and replaced with Stainless steel extension and it has a new rear box fitted

Brakes and callipers are serviced and have std discs and EBC Yellow stuff pads

Brake hoses have been upgraded to stainless Steel braided

Shocks have been upgraded to Gaz Gold Pro

Suspension was set up for track use where camber, caster and ride height was set up for track use

Wheels are Enki with Federal RSR (Wheels are painted black perhaps they could do with a freshen up…Tyres have perhaps 1 or 2 track days left)

Paint work is in generally good condition

Rear Off side wing inner sill and outer lower section was replaced earlier this year to repair the standard lower rear sill rust problems (Paint works is a little dull but fine for a track car (could easily be resprayed) (pictures available)
Car is in good condition, and looking for £2,500
Trailer is available as part of a deal if wanted at extra cost
Best thing if anyone is looking then send me a pm with a contact number and we can discuss the car in more detail and arrange a viewing

hi andrew could you tell me whereabouts you are and just a little bit about before i speak to you thanks matt

How much please

sent a pm

Rob
sent pm

Matt
just to check did you get the information on email as I have had a bounce back so I just wanted to check
Andrew

hi andrew did you get my reply
thanks matt

Hi Matt
No I have not seen a response
Are you still interested in the car?

Andrew

hi andrew i did reply on sunday that really i am looking for a car with a turbo but good luck with your sale
matt

Thanks Andrew,£2500 is a bit much for me,Cheers and glws

I have now updated the description on the car
£2,500 is for the Car only Trailer is available but at an extra cost

Anyone interested please get in contact

Car is still available

Hi. Where is this car located? I assume the engine has been swapped if this is really a 1.8 (i.e. not a typo). Was that done recently? How many miles has the motor done? What is the actual reg so I can do a MOT history check.
Thanks.

It is a UK car and it is a 1.8
Engine has not been swapped
As stated mileage 131,000
reg R93UYB
Car is SORN

We are Located in Rutland near Oakham just off A1

Ah, I see. The typo is in the date. Apparently the car was first registered November 1997, which would make it a 1.8 as you have stated.
Would the car pass a MOT as it stands, or have you stripped essentials such as lights in the name of weight saving?

Sorry Date Typo now been corrected to 1997

Car would not pass MOT test
Car is stripped
It could be put back as a project

Interesting. Apart from tyres and cat, what else would need to be re-fitted to get a MOT?

Fred_Gassit…are you interested in a track car or are you just wasting my time and energy
Stop picking fault…“It’s advertised as a track car”
Put up or Shut Up

How am I “picking fault”? I did wonder about the discrepancy in your initial advert, but there was a typo and you corrected it.
I am interested in a new track car, but it needs to be driven to and from events, hence the query about what would need doing to get it roadworthy.
But anyhow, good luck with the sale.