MK1 UK & JDM Photo Thread

Trailer Queens, rough & ready dailies, mobile sieves, SORNED 4 wheel Titanics, sills like mesh riddles?
Who cares?
Post up what you have, or even what you had, and wish you had back.
Plus wee stories.
Max 3 photos per post I’d say would be decent?
I’ll kick off.

Owned for 15 years since October 2006.
Nothing much OEM left bar leather, glass, panels, diff, prop, carpets, spare, and bumpers.

It’s had some " exiting moments" to say the least. It’s certainly had a few expensive ones.
Like any other pensioner, it deserves a bit of respect now.
Dry day hood down retirement use only. Or an “Italian Tune Up”

4 Likes

Purchased from Autolink back in 2013, a fresh import from the auctions shipped to the UK to be broken for spares, it was decided that it was far too good to break and that’s when I bought it.
I carried out a full re-commission on it and then got it MOT’d and registered. I still have it today, not a sign of rust anywhere…

Pick up day

DSC_0639_zps32355fc9
MK1

4 Likes

I’m now on my 6th MX5

1st was 93 Laguna Blue, I bought as imported in 2003. Had to wait for the 10yr limit to avoid an IVA test. I should never have sold it!

I then went for a MK2.5 UK car, but regretted moving from the MK1 almost immediately.
So I too obtained an "Autolink - too good to break VR Ltd

which was the perfect MX5 until a very large deer wrote it off. Then went for an attempted return to Laguna Blue MK1 which wasn’t very successful. Moved to a MK3 to get safety features due to the stag incident, didn’t like the MK3 at all.
Now very happy to be back in a MK1

3 Likes

Lotsa love on here for Autolink.
Andrew sourced my VR-Limited for me direct from Japan - told me I’d ‘wait months’ for a decent one to crop up at auction, only to email and text me within a week about this beauty… We bid - and won.

Seven years on and it’s still totally (visible) rust free, and is more or less where I want it in terms of subtle mods. Looking forward to getting out and about more next year, after personal tragedy, pandemic, divorce and impending house move.

6 Likes

If only everything in life was as reliable as your 5.

1 Like

3 Likes

Nice sky over Castle Stalker is that a recent photo?

1 Like

Just taken tonight

My MK1 1.8 eunos, imported in 2002, I’ve owned it for about 6/7 years, been broken in my mums garage for about 5 of those, recently built it a new house and gave it a new lease on life (mostly documented on the build thread)

Purchased my first 1991 V-Spec for a charity rally to Lake Como, and she performed faultlessly. The following year she made it to St. Tropez and back on another charity rally, again without fault.

Beginning to understand MX5 ownership, the decision was made to replace my other toy with something far more practical. So the 7 was sold, and replaced with a 1989 Eunos.

2 Likes