MK1 with a classic twist

Here are the points from Belgium; a well deserved 9 out of ten!!! Pure class!!! :ok_hand:, great job and an unusaul but very tastefull colour combination . For me the only (minor) negative point is …your radio/cd which is way to modern for your car, they have great retro-looking radio cd’s these days offering all you need in a classic package…And maybe the wheels; in my opinion also a tad to modern for the car but they look gorgeous indeed. Love NA’s on a retro-vintage theme (working on it too…). Good continuation, curious to see that car when it will be finished (any more plans?).

It looks lovely and it’s exactly how you wanted it to look - cherish and enjoy it! :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Unfortunately, can’t make it to the National Rally next weekend :frowning_face:
Re the paint choice, I was pretty much always going to go down a old English white colour, I think a pure white is to ‘strong’ for the curves of a Mk1. I settled on BMW Pepper White because it’s a modern colour and therefore obtainable if I need more paint. I also had some Raptor truck bed liner mixed to the same colour for the inside of the boot. I went with a direct gloss system rather than base and lacquer. As again I felt it was truer to the effect I was looking for. Painted the car myself and direct gloss is a little more forgiving IMO.
Good shout in the retro radio. It’s on the to do list. Couple more photos of the build.

3 Likes

Hi, what treatment did you carry out on the dashboard?

Thanks,

Dave. T

Nicest looking mk1 I’ve ever seen, stunning.

loverly - cars are much of a personal thing. Your efforts are magnificent and must be you must be very proud. Love the colours , wheel trims ???
Well done

Sorry, only just seen your question. I covered the top of the dashboard in Alcantara material. Started in the the centre and then stretch the glued bit by bit. Simple process just takes time.

Yep, like it, well done, I think the only thing I’m not keen on is the Front black spoiler.

This is magnificent.

I meant to say to the OP earlier on in his post to watch out for the possibility of a Yen Good Luck “Blessing” coin under the carpeting. Or some token of some sort.