Mk2.5 Rear arch gaps larger than front - fix with lowering springs?

Hi all,

I’m thinking of purchasing 30mm Eibach lowering springs for my ‘03 mk2.5 MX-5. The arch gaps are way too large for my liking at the moment and I’d like the car to sit lower.

However, the gaps in the rear are larger than in the front. From centre of wheel to the arch is about 35.5cm (front) and 37cm (rear) and it’s noticeable. The wheels are 15” all round.

Anyone know why this might be? And will fitting the springs compensate for this and give a more uniform gap all round?

Thanks,

Alvino

There is supposed to be a rake, and lowering springs will just replicate that rake, as front and rear springs are different length. To even it up, you need adjustable coilover shocks. Its possible your front springs are a bit tired.

I have the Eibach springs (30mm drop) on my ND. The arch gaps are a bit larger on the rear than at the front, supporting what saz9961 says.

are those heights with fuel in the tank and a person in the car?

Remember we sit much closer to the rear wheels in these cars so a perfectly level car with an empty tank and drivers seat will be pitched up when it’s full with a driver.