Mk2.5 Rear bumper removal

So i was fed up not being able to find a good info and pictures for removing my rear bumper so here goes.

My main reason for removing my bumper was the alignment and gaps so i had a go.

Firstly i disconnected my battery as my boot lights stay on all the time when the boot is open.

Hopefully your car looks like this if so here goes first remove the number plate if screwed on easy if taped on use dental floss, or carefully just pry off but be careful.

The start, you need to undo these 2 torx screws.

Undo these 2 phillips head screws.

Go inside the boot and remove these top hat clips, the centres just pull out (use your nails), then remove the whole thing theres 7 in total then remove the trim carpet.

Next you need to undo the 2 10mm bolts that hold the lights in same both side.

The light feels like it won’t come out, but its held in with one white pin just get your fingers around the outer edge of the light and pull.

The lights just need unpluging from the bulb holders, just twist and remove. mark you if you need to.

Showing the bulbs once removed from the lights, same proceedure to replace the bulbs!!! you can pull the holders out of the way buy pushing the rubber grommet back. 

Now go underneath the car to find 2 black clips/pins the centre screws out just put a flat headed bladed under, to stop it spinning remove the whole thing.

Good time as any to remove your marker lights, only do this if you have them wired up.

Now to the arches this is the same for both sides remove the mudguard, then dirt shield.

Mudguards fittings 2 clips push out centres and 3, 8mm screws 2 shown in picture 1 is underneath not shown, remove these then the next guard can be seen.

The inner dirt shield, this is held in place by 2, 8mm screws and 1 push out clip.

Pictures show both removed, good time to clean any build up of mud on all pieces.

The next 8mm bolt to remove is inside the inner top most edge of the bumper to arch same both sides sorry no picture.

So this is where another pair of hands would be helpful but i did this alone.

Just pull the bumper sides outwards on both sides, un-clips 2 ruby shaped clips one either side then pull backwards.

This is a good time to clean up the muck and check for any rust and treat as  reqired you can see a little rust easy to get rid of.

All cleaned up and treated.

It time to have a break and let any paint dry of just a brew, now all you need to do is put it all back together in reverse order easy!!

My gaps are all ok and well its another job i wanted to do.

All back together just to clean up the area above the number plate then to give her a good clean.

Cheers ian

Please could you all remember this is my guide and a good source of information for yourselves but if you break something thats not my fault but if you need any other info just ask