Mk2 bumpstop/dust cover on mk1?

Replacing front suspension dust covers/bump stop on my '97 1.8 mk1. Autolink states you can use mk2 covers with the advantage of a more progressive bumpstop. Can anyone confirm these fit or have any advantage over mk1 ones?

Cheers
Tom

These will fit, but I don’t think have any meaningful advantage. Autolink aren’t listing any new bumpstops, only bumpstops off scrapped cars. MX5parts sell a pattern combine bumpstop-gaiter for NA and NB models.

My experience of silicone type bumpstops on a Mk1 is that they get smashed up at the back and need regular replacement.

Thanks for your thoughts have replaced them in the past with standard mk1 types just wondered if there was a better option or something that lasts longer before I do them again. Will change an keep an eye on them. Cheers

If its only about the gaiters, rather than the bumpstops, years ago, John Cookson came up with the idea of using motorbike shock gaiters, and attaching them to the bumpstops by zip ties. I suppose the bike ones last longer.

On a Mk1, the standard shocks are generally considered to start “going off” after 60k miles. The benefit of the gaiters is that they reduce the ingress of dirt into the seals, and hence shock failure (doesn’t apply to Koni shocks). If you are onto your third or fourth set of bumpstops on a 25-30 year old car, is the presence of a gaiter going to make any difference? Not a MOT fail.