Mk2 rear Mazda badge and exhaust painting query

The boot lid on my 2.5 is on the to-do list as it has the usual rust / rot including all along where the outer and inner skins meet. So much so, they have separated along the outside edge so I’ll need to cut that off and smooth the edge.

Unfortunately the rust has spread to the edge itself including the outside so to resolve this I will need to replace the badge (the wings logo specifically).

Does anyone know how this is attached? If it’s just adhesive then I may consider not replacing it but if it leaves holes then the next question is how do I reattach ‘ what adhesive should I use?

The next bit is the rear back box. I have an old chrome twin exhaust but the bottom half is in a right state. The exhaust itself is fine but it just looks awful from the back. I’m thinking therefore of sanding off the ■■■■ and painting with very high temp paint - black or satin silver. Has anyone here had any experience of painting exhaust parts and have any advice?

1. My model of MX-5 is: mk2.5
  2. I’m based near: Durham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: rear badge & exhaust.

The badge is stuck on with double sided badge tape but also has 2 prongs that locate it in the correct position. Just work it loose from the adhesive with a credit card or something & it just comes off.

So there are 2 holes in the bumper for these prongs?

Is the boot lid not aluminium then, as on the nc soft top?

Yes, there are 2 holes. 3 o’clock & 9 o’clock position. The complete boot lid is steel.

Thanks and yes, unfortunately steel. The high brake light seal on these failed easily and just pooled water behind the licence plate lights