Mk3.5 NC Bose removal/overhaul due to - CHECK CD message

Hi Stealth,
Was your original unit Bose or non-Bose?

Good Evening MySport.
My old unit is the 6 cd Bose. I purchased the above kit from Dynamic Sound and it is for the Bose amp versionšŸ‘šŸ»

Hi, can you post a pic of the connectorsā€¦ also hope this helps

Morning Ruberdub.
Thanks for the help, I believe I might have sorted it thanks to a post from another member who put together a pretty comprehensive guide. I managed to get sound through the speakers by connecting the separate amp lead as advised in the other post, but no steering controls. It would appear that I also need another universal iso connector to bridge with the stereo level dropperā€‹:man_facepalming:t2: Just about to start making a new connector. Thanks for the helpā€‹:blush::+1:t2:

Hello Sploosh

I have the same issue as you had and want to see if I can get the same result you did!

How do you remove the PowerShift knob? I can see the stick is threaded, but having tried twisting it before with no movement I was wary of pushing my luck in case something snapped.

The knob itself just unscrewed. But I would cover up the remaining selector rod with a piece of towel or similar and tape it on securely. Itā€™s the sort of exposed edge that can damage others in removing parts.
Happy to report some 4.5 years on and everything is still working perfectly.
Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Sorry, should have added ā€¦ unscrew anti clockwise direction.

Thanks for confirming this. I know I can keep trying to move it now.
Good to hear you can still play CDā€™s. Iā€™ll be pleased if this sorts it out for me too.

Did this today. I think I cleaned the CD reader lens, it was a black circle of plastic with a clear centre. When I put it back together I still got the error message, so I gave the unit a couple of taps with a hammer handle, and then it worked!
In the unlikely event anyone wants to see the unitā€™s inners I took some pics.

Having managed to do this I now know itā€™s relatively easy to replace the unit with an aftermarket one, but I am aware doing that with the Bose isnā€™t a straightforward choice.

As Sploosh says, the 10mm security bolt is a PITA to access. I didnā€™t bother putting it back. The electrical connectors are awkward things to release, particularly when there is very little cable slack. The PowerShift illumination connector is particularly difficult, so I unclipped the handbrake gaiter surround to get at it, which also made lifting the console off easy.