MK3 DSC light flashing

I wonder if anybody could give me some advise regarding the DSC light on my NC, basically it was fine two weeks ago when I started it (it is my weekend car and is kept in the garage) and today when I started it up the DSC light is flashing.

It has not moved in the last two weeks, the only thing I have done is to attach a CTEK cable to the battery which involved taking off each terminal screw fitting a terminal and then doing back up - I did not take the terminals off.

Any help/suggestions?

Hi

You may have disconnected a battery terminal without realising it, try turning the steering from lock to lock with the engine running; I think this should reset the DSC.

Richard,

1 Like

If the battery has been disconnected the NC sometimes has a fit and starts doing all sorts of weird things on the dashboard when first started, DSC, Traction control lights flashing etc

Run the car out on the road for a mile or so, turn it off and on again and that usually resets it.

Thanks for the replies I will give it a go in the near future.

1 Like

I had the same issue. The system seemed to reset after turning ignition on/off after a few miles. Also had the same problem with the PRHT activation light flashing.

I use a CTEK charger. You need one of these: INDICATOR EYELET M8 | ctek.com.
Really simple to attach the charger and no more loosening battery terminals. You don’t even have to remove the battery cover!

I wonder if the OP still has the car and sorted this almost 10 years ago😄

3 Likes

“Check the Battery, Robin!”
“What’s a Tery, Batman?”

2 Likes