MK3 radio - did it ever include DAB

Does anyone know if the MX5 MK3 ever had DAB radio fitted as standard. I’m looking at buying and it’s got double din unit at the moment but I’d like it to look more original. Cheers Malcolm

I don’t believe so, mind you both versions I had were with Bose, I think some of the last models had rebadged Alpine units or something.

Hiya, not sure if this would work?

This would allow use of OEM radio unit and is a concealed unit? Requires a bit more investigation but might be a solution :thinking:
Barrie

The later NC’s had a Mazda-customised Alpine INE-W920 head unit (called AVN2 by Mazda) as an option.

Alpine make an add-on DAB module (the TUE-DAB1U) for this head unit, but my understanding is that it will not work unless you replace the Mazda firmware with Alpine firmware first. This firmware is available on the Alpine site and is worth installing anyway, as it gives you much more control over the sound settings available on the head unit.

You will also need to install a DAB aerial somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys, I’m still looking for the right car but the alpine option certainly appeals.