MK3 Rear Anti Roll Bar Bushes

Now then Chaps, I would like to change my Rear ARB bushes.

I have the correct bushes for the Non Sport suspension (N023-28-156) and I gather as I am fitting OEM rubber bushes they need to go on dry.

My question is will this procedure be easier with the car up on stands and the wheels off the ground or with the wheels on the ground and the suspension loaded.

I have coilovers fitted. I’m sure that shouldn’t make a difference.

Thanks for your advice

Derek

Hi Derek, when I did mine whilst upgrading to RX8 yellow dot ARB’s I put the rear on axle stands and removed wheels this made sure the suspension was relaxed and the height was the same on both sides and also had more natural light.

It is worth giving the nuts a good spray of WD40 perhaps the night before. One of the studs sheared when I was doing mine but just drilled it out and used a bolt and nyloc nut!

I did use a very small amount of grease between the ARB’s and Bushes but not sure if this is correct.

I also changed my drop arms links at the same time.

Cheers

Derek

Yes, what WM said above is correct, except for one thing…please DON’T grease the bushes if they are natural (black) rubber as per OE spec. It will rot them after a while.
Instead use a smear of washing-up liquid on the actual bushes, then rinse it off with water when set back at ride height. Works OK on polyurethane ones, too.

A good squirt of WD40 or similar works on the bolts (sometimes) but like most fasteners on mazdas they appear to be made of cheese!
My favourite work-around is to torque them in the tightening direction first, which can work to break the corrosion seal if they are stubborn, then blast them with penetrating oil or similar.
Got to get the lube into the joint…
(Sounds like my old knees…!)

Good Luck
Aldi

Hi, I know this was posted a long time ago but I am wondering if the rx8 arb uses the same bushes as the mx5? I am considering getting the rx8 arb and some poly bushes but not sure what bushes I’ll need.