Mk3 running too low

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC3.5
  2. I’m based near: Essex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: i bought a 2011 sport tech PRHT. It is running very low in my opinion and is grounding out on various speed bumps. Previous owner had 30mm Eibach lowering springs fitted. Is there an easy way to increase the height without spending shedloads of money? Current settings are:
    Michelin pilot sport, 204 45 17R
    Wheel centre to arch
    Front 335mm
    Back 325mm

Standard tyres are 205/47/17, so I assume you typod.
So if you’re running on standard tyres, then the only real way to raise the height, is to replace the springs with standard height.
If this isn’t a job you can do yourself, then the labour charge will be the biggest cost. I’ve no doubt that your springs have a value, which you could offset against new springs.

Another typo! 205/45/R17

1 Like

Probably not the official way to do it but I have seen people use 5mm thick rubber sheet on top of the struts to lift a car at one end or other ( usually because the spring set has not given the same drop each end )

There would be nothing to stop you doing the 5mm rubber sheet on all 4 corners

Don’t faff about with bodge jobs, just put the original ride height springs back on.
It’s not that difficult to be honest.
That will give you :-
370mm at the Front
350mm at the Rear.
Perfect for me with or without loads on trips.
(2013 PRHT Sport Tech).
Just an opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Set here obviously need to check with seller if PRHT etc.MAZDA MX5 MK3 NC STANDARD ORIGINAL COIL SPRINGS SET X4 GENUINE SUSPENSION | eBay

put 215/45 r17 tyres on will give you a little lift over the speed humps ,make your speedo more accurate ,and fill your arches
made a big difference when i had lowered springs
in fact I kept the height the same now with coil overs and don’t have any problems with road humps

mine is 13 inches from centre of wheel to arch of wing so about the same as yours