- My model of MX-5 is: NC (2006)
- I’m based near: Wiltshire
- I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Further suspension improvements?
I recently started doing trackdays in my Mk3 and after my last day at Castle Combe and looking at the pictures I’m thinking of some further suspension improvements…
So the spec of the car is basically:
- Basically stock engine, ‘cold air intake’ with the filter down in the bumper and backbox, I believe it’s been remapped but I suspect it won’t have much/any more than stock.
- Brakes I’ve got braided lines and Roddisons pads in the front (stock/pattern in the rear).
- Suspension I’ve had MeisterR coilovers fitted by Roddisons and setup at that time (was a while ago so maybe worth re-doing the geometry) but stock ARBs and not polybushed.
So my last two trackdays were at Castle Combe (local circuit), I put some overlays on from the GoPro GPS and my fastest lap looks to be a 1:24.6 which I’m pretty happy with, the video onboard is here:
But after looking at the pictures afterwards I feel like there’s a fair bit of body roll visible…
In terms of handling it feels pretty good, as I’ve been pushing a bit harder it’s been understeering a bit, especially in the final corner (Camp).
Not sure it’ll fix the understeer but guessing either ARBs and/or polybushing the suspension can’t hurt
Any reccomendations for the ARBs? I’ve heard the RX-8 ones but also looks like there are whiteline and a few other aftermarket ones available?
Also are ‘all’ polybushes the same or is it worth paying the premium for the likes of Superpro/Powerflex?