Mobil super 3000 5w30 XE?

1. My model of MX-5 is:Mark 3 nc1 2.0 sport_
  2. I’m based near Durham.
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Oil compatibility
    Oil change today at kwik fit. On the invoice, indeed mobil super 3000 5w-30 fully synth however filled with XE spec oil with acea of C3 (understanding from owners manual a5 b5 required ). MX-5 parts sell the FE version and most users here use the 3000 5w 30 FE.
    Still meets the ford requirements according to some specs. So, is the above xe still OK or any problems to address? Thanks all.

What do you need to know?

As above :point_up_2::+1:

I don’t see what harm it could do. I’d be more discerning about the gearbox oil if you were changing that.
D

3 Likes

Check the specs in the below link.

It wouldn’t bother me if it was in my engine, all good.:+1:

FYI I use the same oil but the FE but as I say no problems with that.

1 Like

Cheers mick. Input appreciated. Hope I have respective names correct. New to the site and finding way round.

No problem there. Changed recently and all specs check oil perfectly. Both Trans and diff. Thanks again :+1:

I would not use if I had a choice, def would rather put A5 in. I had Castrol C3 in by mistake, there was def less lifter noise with A5.

Thanks for feedback. Looks like a choice to make. Could just return with correct spec 5l of, and ask to drain and refill with my oil. It’s freely available locally.

Just put this in.
Genuine Ford Castrol Magnatec A5 5W-30 Engine Oil Fully Synthetic 5L L15F60F | eBay

1 Like

Already however have a 1l top up of fe as that’s what was expected to go in. Invoice check afterwards by email showed xe. I’ll have a trip back to KF. :+1:

ACEA specs are updated every few years, so whilst the spec quoted in the manual was correct when it was printed, it has been superseded once (and maybe twice) since then. My 2016 Mk4 quotes A3/A5 in the handbook but I’m using ACEA C3 5/30 now

Thanks m and m. Being sorted now however. On the ramps as we speak. Correct 3000 fe going in with an apology. All good.
Thanks to all involved re advice.