Mobile roof replacement

Can anyone recommend a company to come to my home in Bewdley and replace my roof? I have looked on line and cannot find a local company. If we have to travel to a workshop we then have to factor in the cost of a hotel stay, as well as driving to an unfamiliar area. With this in mind, paying a premium to have them come to our home doesn’t seem so bad. I am looking to get a Mohair roof with a glass window. Any ideas? Thank you for your help.

The Hoodguys

https://thehoodguys.co.uk/

Try them. This was originally Leigh Windridge and his brother, who werevery active in the MX5OC in the past (Leigh had a US spec Miata Mk1 converted to RHD).

Thank you very much. I shall get in touch with them. Thank you for your help.

Hello,
I have tried and tried to get hold of the people at The Hood Guys, (e. mails, phone messages etc), but haven’t heard back. Maybe they are exceptionally busy which is good for them but not great for me. The roof on my Mark 2 is an old vinyl one and its looking really tatty. I’m scared to fold it down in case it rips when I put it back up! I’ve decided to upgrade to a mohair roof. The problem is, there don’t seem to be many places that do them near me, which means I have to factor a night away in with the cost. Having looked on line it seems that the average price is about £700-£800. Could anyone recommend somewhere? Thank you.

I used Paul at the Soft Top Shop (thesofttopshop.com) to replace the vinyl roof on my Mk2.5 with a mohair roof. He came to me in Bromsgrove, so Bewdley shouldn’t be a problem. He was here about 2-3 hours and did a great job. No more leaks. :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely talk to Paul at the Soft Top Shop. I drove to his workshop in Stockport but pretty sure he will travel. Excellent quality work and very knowledgable.Not the cheapest but probably the best!

Thank you, that is really useful information. I’ll contact him. Enjoy the Bank Holiday, lovely weather for a drive!
Kind regards
Laura Millichip

Call the manufacturer of the hoods that MX5 parts sells. They are BASInternational 01633873664 and ask them who fits their hoods