Monthly road tax

Yes they will continue to take payments until authorisation runs out or the car is declared SORN.

That doesn’t mean the car with no MOT can be used though…

As I said before as soon as my MOT is close to expire they always stop taking money and I have to mot it and restart the payments. I have no idea why that doesn’t happen for some but does for others :man_shrugging:

Really strange. My mot ran out on 9th Jan. They took the monthly payment at the end of Jan & then again yesterday for the end of Feb. It’s showing as taxed until 1st April. It’s in for a test tomorrow anyway so all should just renew as normal at the end of this month.

1 Like

Yeah others have said the same thing. I don’t get why my experience is different. I guess that’s just life.

I did an advanced ridding course with the police, the copper at the front asked if HGVs can go into lane 3 on a motorway. Everyone said no, he said they weigh 40 tonnes they go where the fudge they want :rofl: sums it up some times.

Gotta love auto spell. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

"If you do not have an MOT or insurance in place

DVLA will write to you if your vehicle’s MOT certificate will have run out when your vehicle tax is due to renew.

Your vehicle must pass an MOT by the time the current one runs out.

After it’s passed an MOT, DVLA’s records will be updated automatically. Your vehicle tax will be renewed on the date it was due to run out.

You do not need to contact DVLA or tax your vehicle again.

If you do not get an MOT in time, you’ll need to tax your vehicle again"

So my tax was renewed in Oct 2020 for 12 months via monthly direct debit so shows taxed until Oct 2021,my MOT ran out in December but the car stays getting taxed until Oct 2021 then by that point if I’ve not MOT’d my car they will write and stop the payments

Again my experiences differ.

It bothers me that unless you pay for road tax or car insurance in full when you take it out, it’s treated like a credit agreement, i.e. you effectively pay interest for paying in instalments. It’s not like the DVLA or insurance provider are giving you 12 months’ worth of road tax or insurance up front, which you’re then paying back over the year! It’s all digital anyway, so it’s not like there are extra admin costs for them! Is it just me that gets miffed about this?! :smile:

1 Like

I’m more inclined to take the odd month of sorn when I pay monthly tho so they loose in the long run.

I am with you on that.
And they never refund you exactly what they should whenever you cancel early.

The fuppin’ baxtards! Father Ted reference there, just in case people don’t know!

I hear road tax is going up again in April. Can anyone tell me what I will pay for my Mk3 2 ltr sport?

Have a look here How much is road tax going up on 1 April 2022 (petebarden.co.uk) Your ‘log book’ will show you your CO2 emissions.
:heart:

1 Like

Seems like a £15 rise, earlier NC’s 2ltr were £315, from April £330, later models (my 2ltr) £275, from April £290.

My band C car remains at £30

So it seems over band C gets hit for a rise, these are cars first registered from 2001 to 2017.

1 Like