Morgan Factory, SKY TV programme

I realize many may already know about this, but I thought it might be of interest in general.
Tonight at 9.00pm on the More4 SKY channel, the Morgan Motor company open their doors to reveal how they hand build the plus six.
Should be interesting :blush:

Boz

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this :+1: I will search it out now and record it in case I forget :rofl:
Barrie
Edit: had a job finding it :woozy_face: was under ENTERTAINMENT, then More4 HD, put it on series link too :+1:looking forward to it.

2 Likes

How to build British.
Has anyone seen the first two episodes?
They covered Bentley and Aston Martin, the top end models.
If you did Morgan will be a bit different, the factory for one, you can imagine the state of the art factories Aston and Bentley.
Anything cars Iā€™m in :heart:

2 Likes

Got a tour voucher to use there when lockdown permits. Only 20 miles from me.

4 Likes

Good shout, I missed this. Hope itā€™s on Virgin tooā€¦

1 Like

No Sky here, but itā€™s on Freeview More 4 SD as well

3 Likes

I visited the Morgan factory last year , fascinating watching sheets of aluminium being cut with tin snips and bent with a hammer . You almost expect to walk into the next shed and see Spitfire aircraft being assembled . Well worth a visit and the afternoon tea was nice .

3 Likes

Enjoyed that more than the first two in the series, no robots, all handcrafted.
Slightly disappointed they didnā€™t show the aero production but I understand that wouldnā€™t show the traditional wooden body frame production the new car still has.
The first chap you see being interviewed and during the show was our guide for the day when we did the tour, very professionally done. Heā€™s been there a fair few years and he told us he owns and rebuilt one of the very early three wheelers.

1 Like

We visited the Morgan Factory 4 years ago for the very informative tour. We did not buy a
Morgan car, Rita my wife bought a Morgan branded beanie as a consolation. I was given
a laminated section of wood used in the construction, branded with a Morgan motive.
Well worth a visit, plus some great scenery

3 Likes

Having lusted after a Morgan for over 40 years I managed to bag one last year. A few years earlier when I was still working I was staying close by but couldnā€™t get on a tour. But I went anyway straight after finishing my work, so suited and booted. Couldnā€™t find the right entrance so parked the 5 series in the MDs parking bay and went for a walk round. Wasnā€™t challenged anywhere and went virtually anywhere I wanted. Sat in quite a few, spoke to lots of the workers and had a very pleasant couple of hours.

3 Likes

I recorded the program and have just finished viewing it. :+1: well worth watching. I had to laugh when the body tech guy was showing the scuttle fitted and he said it would now be tarted up! Also the former for the rear wheel arches with an ā€œindeterminateā€ age! Love it! Beautiful motors and I can certainly understand the attraction. A few years ago, myself and Mrs B did the Circuite Historique in Laon and it was a Morgan Anniversary event too, over 400 Morgan cars IIRC, was well worth attending just to see them everywhere we went :+1:

Thanks again for the heads up!

Barrie

2 Likes

And the sound to indicate tea breaks, reminded me of my work days, the boss used to shout us up for them.

1 Like