MOT Centre

Hi my first MOT is due the end of the month and was wondering where everyone in Lincoln gets theirs done???

Was hoping to take it to a Test Centre that didn’t do repairs so would get a fair test… Any suggestions???

Thanks

I would try this place, MotMax - I use the one in Ollerton, - very impressed

Just a update…

It passed [<:o)]

Went to MOTMAX in Lincoln very good as booked online only took 20mins or so.

Emissions worked out ok C0 0.656% and HC 284ppm

Not too bad without a cat. Definately will use MOTMAX next year

Thanks for the advice…

Excellent news

If you have more than one car, you can book them both in at the same time to get a discount [Y]

That’s a good idea, I will try that with my garage as my Rav 4 needs testing at about the same time.

Used MOTMAX in Lincoln yesterday following Charge’s post. Excellent service and on-line booking slots are really convient. (and we passed with no problems)

Glad you passed!

Only thing I thought was a bit odd with them as I have used them again since, is that wasn’t too sure how they checked the brakes out??? They drove my car down the car park, is that sufficent to check the brakes???

Anyone out there know what the MOT brake test should involve??? 

I thought that 2WD cars had to have a brake efficiency test on rollers at the test station? 4WD would need two sets of rollers with an adjustable wheelbase, therefore 4WD brakes are tested with a “road test” rather than on rollers.

Re MOT brake testing, there are VOSA approved devices (such as Brake Check)  which can be used instead of rollers for vehicles that are deemed unsuitable for roller testing such as 4x4s - commercial vehicles, quads, motor cycles, construction equipment, fork trucks etc etc.  However the information I have states that these are only back up devices to a roller test for normal MOT tested vehicles (by which they mean private cars and vans- 2 WD)   So it would appear that VOSA would be none too happy with brake testing of MX5s using purely a digital device such as Brake Check alone even though they are far more accurate and offer far more sophisticated read outs than the old Tapley Meters or deceleration meters!!

I’ve had a mini on 10inch wheels that had to be done with a decellerometer instead, it was hilarious to see two large MOT chaps sitting in the front my little mini! Whether it was because they were 10 inch wheels I don’t know. Correct me if I’m wrong but do rollers account for weight? Obviously a lighter car - like a mini, does not need as powerful brakes. Then again if you put 4 fat people in a mini with luggage - it starts getting heavy!

Does your car have an LSD - if so then the tester would use a decelerometer rather than the RBT, as allowed in the manual.

check here…

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm