Motorsport Electronics DIY Turbo kit

1. My model of MX-5 is: MK2.5 04
  2. I’m based near: Cambs
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:

Has anyone here used/fitted the DIY turbo conversion kits from Motorsport Electronics?

I’m fairly decided that I’d like to get my car turbocharged, but haven’t yet decided whether to have it done by M-tech (‘drive in drive out’) or do it myself.

The kit that Motorsport Electronics offer seems very comprehensive, but I’m struggling to find any information on people’s experiences with it.

Ive got a g19 kit on my mk1 whichbi bought just before ME bought the rights to it. When I got the kit it still needed extras like a wideband and injectors but now their kit now comes from ME with injectors and the 442 has a wideband built in and I’m pretty sure is comprehensive

Quality wise it’s absolutely tremendous and loads of people are good with the ME ecu so if you do have any troubles or need it mapped properly there’s plenty of options

Old photo from fitting, I’ll get a current photo when I go out to the garage shortly

Thanks @Benji93, yes the ME kit looks very comprehensive, I’m still a bit apprehensive about the overall effort/difficulty of the conversion, can I ask what your experience was like?

Before I did mines I fitted the ECU, wideband and cops and got it running on that to eliminate some potential problems then fitted the rest of the kit, it was supposed to take the winter but I had to keep taking breaks as it would’ve been pretty much done in the first weekend. Myself in the garage with essentially a big Halfords tool kit, if you buy it from ME you also get a fitting guide which I never got but didn’t do badly without.

mines had the dipstick oil return which I’m now drilling out the pan for an AN fitting to replace because it weeps a fair bit now when it’s hot is something I’d recommend doing if it still comes with it. EDIT - I had a look, it comes with a sump return kit now anyway

1 Like