Motorsport UK compliant boot firewall suggestions for Mk2.5

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2002 SV-T
  2. I’m based near: __London
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __MUK compliant boot firewall.

In 2020 I started competing in hill climbs and sprints and soon learned the vaguries of scruitineering for these events to make sure our steeds are compliant with regulations and safe. One of the pleasures of running an unmodified car is that all the interior trim has to be present so Madge remains good for all the other uses I put her to aside from competition.

At Llandow earlier this year a sruitineer peered behind the boot carpet to see that I did not have a firewall to stop, potential, flames traveling through the airways from the boot and entering the cockpit and advised I attend to the matter. See N/S above and O/S below. This has come up several times since and now we are in the ‘off season’ I would like to address the issue.

The scruitineer suggested filling the space with fire proof foam, which sounded to me like a potential rust inducing bodge, or fitting a metal fire wall which to me seems the way to go.

Ideally I’d like to use as many existing clip screw / clip holes as possible so I can return the carpet for non competitive use.

Has anyone else put a firewall in the boot of their Mk1/Mk2 ? If so are there any templates and how was it fixed ?

Any photo’s would be welcome.

TIA