MSA Petition (closed road events)

Got this email from Jaffa today - felt it should be on here, where it will get more attention - and I hope,support.

My comment (to the MSA) was: “This new government says it wants to devolve power to the people - here’s one way to prove it.”

Apparently at present, it needs an act of Parliament to approve an event - how daft can you get?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:59 AM
Subject: MSA petition for closed road rallying - would you help support it?

Friends, family, colleagues! Firstly, sorry for what some might see as spam, but you know I wouldn’t send this if it didn’t mean something to me ;-)…

<o:p> </o:p>Some of you might have seen this, others might not have. Would you take a look and consider signing it online to support an application to the government for allowing closed road events in the UK, as is possible on the continent and in places like the Isle of Man, Ireland and Scotland? Obviously most of you know me and my love of stage rallying, so can see where I’m coming from on this! We are rapidly losing venues in the UK where we can run events, and enabling the use of public roads (all with formal approval, of course) would benefit the sport – and the areas involved – greatly. The MSA – the governing body of all motorsport in the UK – is running an online petition to the Department of Transport to make inroads into getting the regulations changed.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

www.petition.co.uk/msa<o:p></o:p>

Click the link, put your name and details into the petition and show your support. We need as many names as we can, so feel free to spread the word around to family and friends if you can?<o:p></o:p>

Cheers and hope you are well,<o:p></o:p>

Seems like a good idea, a big fan of road rallying as well so I’ve signed up… it will save me a fortune on ferries to Ireland!!

Russell.