MX-5 Insurance

Hi,
I would like some advice please on insuring a 1991 Limited Edition BBR Turbo, with subtle engine modifications. I have had a quote from Adrian Flux for around £400 for comprehensive cover for a middle aged man living in rural Hampshire driving up to 7000 miles per year. My initial thoughts are that this was quite expensive.
Has anyone had experience with this company or any recommendations for other companies. I’m going to try Hagerty tomorrow for a comparison. Thank you!

If you have other cars in the household, a multicar policy might work. I’m with Admiral and have my mk1, CRV and Up! insured with them, each with their respective policyholder. In fact my son, saved about £1k on his new driver premium compared to a standalone policy.

No mods to the mk1 but Admiral do cover them. If you have NCB on another car, they can mirror that too I believe.

Hi Barbara - you don’t mention how many years No Claims you have. As suggested a multi car policy may give you a saving, I have one with Admiral for my Audi Q3 and my MX5 NC2. I’m assuming you’ve tried an insurance comparison website like Compare the Market?
Good luck
D

2 Likes

I have a multi car policy with LV. No complaints there and they have always been competitive at renewal. My MX-5 has an “exhaust system change”. That cost £10 extra as a change part way through the policy awhile back.

1 Like

Try Greenlight, I have a MK4 BBR Turbo and insure it with them, the car is probably much higher value but I only do 3k miles a year, however I pay less than that.

Hi.
IF you want to message me your details I’d be happy to take another look at your quotation to see of there is anything else we can do.
Regards,
Dan.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.